Your favorite weapon!

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Sonshu, Oct 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cudgel

Cudgel The name says it all

ok oni_sensei that was beaustiful

2. animefreak88

animefreak88 Valued Member

only weapon i'm currently formally trained in is the bo. my school also teaches sai and tonfa. i've messed around with swords and nunchukus some, but not enough to amount to much of anything. i like the bo because of its effectiveness, and i am really impressed by dual tonfas and a katana. speaking of which, does anyone know of any places in delaware that teach good sword and/or nunchaku techniques? there are a few places that teach how to twirl nunchakus, but i think that's about it. although i would also think its fun to just hack somethin up with butterfly swords. and who wouldn't get a kick out of taking a big ol' swing with a german zweihander :D ?

3. eonwei

eonwei Banned Banned

The katana is my favorite weapon even though i personally have never used it. It looks like it would be suuuper hard to master but extremely effective. I know that Aldarion is actually buying a $1000 katana lol. Whether he'll train with it i dont know.

4. Aldarion

Aldarion Banned Banned

haha actually it's $800 and the Katana is my favorite weapon as well. I also like to just play with roshakubos and yonshakubos and i carved myself a bokken too. However if we are talking about weapons in a war i would prefer the yari or naginata

5. daftyman

daftyman A 4oz can of whoop-ass!

My mind is the best weapon! :D

for 'practical' purposes I like the idea of the Jo (my school are going to look at this in the new year) as it can be substituted by a large umbrella/walking stick. And you can carry them without the boys in blue taking you to the nick!

I really enjoy my taiji fencing though.

A guy in one of my school's classes got beat up pretty bad because of two things. He did not see the weapon the attacker got from somewhere (it might have been a glass bottle), and he also failed to realised the reality of the situation. If he had, he might have mashed the guy properly before the weapon came into it. Who knows?

6. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Moved on

Broadsword.

7. Kanku

Kanku New Member

nunchaku

8. daftyman

daftyman A 4oz can of whoop-ass!

This is my (insert weapon of choice). There are many like it, but this one is mine. My (insert weapon of choice) is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it, as I must master my life. Without me, my (insert weapon of choice) is useless. Without my (insert weapon of choice), I am useless. I must fire (use) my (insert weapon of choice) true. I must shoot (use my weapon) straighter (better) than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must shoot (use my weapon on) him before he shoots (uses his weapon on) me. I will.

Before God I swear this creed. My (insert weapon of choice) and myself are defenders of my country. We are the masters of our enemy. We are the saviours of my life. So be it ... until there is no enemy ...but peace. Amen.
    :D

9. Cudgel

beautiful

You know I jsut realize di had posted what my fav weapon is in this thread. :eek:

Greteswords I lke the later period ones jsut before they became the massily tal ones of the late renaisance.
    Somthing about 5 ft totla lentgh maybe around 4 pounds.
    I love them cuz with a big weapon its all about finnese> you cant spend the whole fight just swinging smoething so big you have dodge and stuff nd put teh sword where you want it with as little effort as possible. And its a whole body work out to use one.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2004
  10. El Tejon

El Tejon MAP'scrazyuncle

I've done some real nice work with the radio before so that's my fave. :D

You only use your voice to destroy your threat, simply talk to the Gods of Thunder and Pain to your rear or the Gods of Screaming Death above and report what happens next. :Angel:

11. Cudgel

Now is it me or are there far too many "whats your favorite weapon" threads hanging around here?

12. RichieRich

RichieRich Valued Member

Er, my rapier wit?

Oh.

Taxi!

*gets hat and coat*

13. Bellator Manus

Bellator Manus Warrior of the Hand

Most effective would be either the sword or spear. In wars spears would be cheaper though. Maybe they are the most effective.

My favorite would be either a:
    Nunchaku. I carry it around pretty easily and it wouldn't get in the way and it whips knifes or small sticks because of it's range or ability to disarm respectively.
    Knife. If I were trying to sneak around I would use this. Just come behind someone and a quick slit on the neck then you keep sneaking around.
    Staff/Spear/Naganata if I ever had a chance to prepare for a fight. I just like their range and they feel natural to me.

14. EarthElement

EarthElement New Member

Naginata is the most effective to me, for it has the range of a bo, and the damaging ability of a sword. In the hands of a skilled user, this can easily defeat even the the most skilled of swordsman. The only drawback is the close range of this weapon, as theres little one can do when the enemy is in close. The spin-move is about it.

15. Rani

Rani New Member

Sai, Nunchaku, Tonfa, Short Stick.

I guess I just have a thing for a short weapons that be used 2 at the time.
    Swords... I don't know, they look nice and all, but I prefer a pair of Sais.

16. Lobsang

Lobsang Guest

Slingshot, you can hurl stones from a distains and then you miss them you can yous it as a whip or garrotte close up.

Ps. you Americans are worrying do you riley think your in so much danger that you need guns and knives and baseball bate everywhere to protect yourself :woo:.

Just relaxes a bit :love: .

17. Shai'tan

Shai'tan New Member

Knives :D

I like knives, 2 knives one in each hand, because there are lots of different movements/kata's, you can fight very, very quick whit knives. And if you realy need them as an self defence you can do great damage. And you can throw them, I think tha't is why I like them the most.

But if knives didn't excist you would chose the katana. I practice Iaido now for 1 year (we also practice Kendo kata) and I realy love it, also very quick very much variation and very sharp.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2004
  18. Cudgel

LOL
    if knives didnt exists hahaha

19. firesprite

firesprite Irate Pirate

My favourite would have to be the fan, but I can't find anyone who teaches is esp. anywhere near me :(
    Most effective probably me :p

20. Dave Humm

Dave Humm Serving Queen and Country

For eligance - My Katana

For practicality - a 9mm :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.