Your country's prosecution of self defence?

Discussion in 'Self Defence' started by SWC Sifu Ben, Nov 24, 2021.

1. Grond

Grond Valued Member

I see. While we were out partying, you were studying the blade...

Dead_pool likes this.
  2. Grond

Grond Valued Member

Double post. But at this point the overt bigotry on display is kind of the elephant in the room. German DNA...god, man. Even if you're joking, it stopped being funny days ago.

Why is it bigots always start gun arguments online? Is it to try to disguise all the unethical and inhumane thoughts they harbor behind a piece of paper law?

Because the same people who yell at me that their gun rights are under attack also carry around those little pocket Constitutions as if they were a little pocket Bible. And I sense the same righteous indignation. My little piece of paper, and my firearm, are all that matters to me. Not fighting world hunger, disease, or civil decay. Fighting for a machine I can lock up in my closet or beside table, while I fantasize about killing a robber, or better, some random dude out in public who starts some beef.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2021
    Mangosteen likes this.
  3. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

But don't you see...if they commit a crime they aren't and never were honest and law abiding! They were only pretending!

David Harrison and Mangosteen like this.
  4. jmf552

jmf552 Member

In the US, we are innocent until proven guilty. So until you are proven guilty, you are not supposed to get your rights trampled. If you commit a crime, that is a whole other story. I don't buy into the myth that most law abiding people are "criminals waiting to happen." Sure, there are a few that are that way, but not enough to penalize the vast majority of good people.

To answer your question, I am 69 years old. I have never been arrested or sued. I have raised two great daughters and have five grandkids. I have two masters degrees and my undergrad is in criminal justice. I am a former Navy officer, aviator and military campaign veteran. I resent your implication and your ad hominem attack just because I don't agree with you.

5. jmf552

jmf552 Member

The German comment was meant as joke. Sorry you didn't take it that way. It was a riff on a Rowan Atkinson routine, BTW.

You are creating straw man arguments that are pure fiction. You have joined the woke ranks who see bigotry in anyone who disagrees with you. I did not start the discussion. It is central to the topic of the thread. I am as concerned about world hunger, disease, and civil decay as much as anyone. I do not fantasize about shooting anyone, any more than most martial artists fantasize about breaking someone's neck. Can you not accept that a completely reasonable person can disagree with you? That anyone who does not support your position has to be something awful. I pity you.

6. jmf552

jmf552 Member

All liberties are ultimately related. Anyhow, I am out of this thread. Carry on without me.

7. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

Says racist thing - "you took it badly"
    Someone calls him out for saying racist thing - "I resent your implication and ad hominem attack"
    Hm...

Nachi, Grond, aaradia and 1 other person like this.
  8. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Jmf552

You seem to be a member of the Virginia citizens defense league who's gun rights rally last year had the FBI arrest several neo Nazis who had explosives on the way to join in your party.

FBI arrest three alleged neo-nazis ahead of major US gun rights rally

So when you say you've never been arrested, that's a very different thing to having never committed a crime.

Where do you stand on neo Nazis? And terrorism?

Grond and Mangosteen like this.
  9. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Bingo! I win right wing Bingo! What's my prize? Life time access to Joe Rogan's sensory deprivation tank and all the shroom-tech I can eat?

10. Dead_pool

Sorry bucko you just get to clean your room and take all the benzos you can take! red-skull.jpg

Grond and Botta Dritta like this.
  11. Mangosteen

You also get a "dont tread on me" flag and a whistle that only dogs can hear.

Grond, Smitfire and Dead_pool like this.
  12. Mangosteen

@jmf552 - please respond. That is quite a wild thing.

Dead_pool likes this.
  13. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

I would assume a 69 year old military vet would have a better understanding of the socio-political and historical context surrounding WW2 than to make the old "'Murica done come save you from the Nazees" "joke".

Grond likes this.
  14. Botta Dritta

Botta Dritta Valued Member

I don't get the references....could you lay it on a bit thicker please? Preferably in hierarchical arguments ;)

Dead_pool likes this.
  15. Dead_pool

Especially as it was the Soviets who defeated by far the most amount of Nazi, I'm also absolutely stunned by the loss of life in world war 2.

Grond likes this.
  16. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

I've just finished listening to the complete unabridged history of WW2 by Antony Beevor (39 hours worth!) and it is mind boggling.
    So many atrocities. Germans rape and kill in one direction. Russians push them back and rape and kill in the other direction. Horrific.

Grond and Dead_pool like this.
  17. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

I don't expect us to agree, that's not what debate is about (unless you're one of those woke snowflakes?). I just want to understand your position.

If more weapons being carried by civilians equals more freedom, is there a point of the proliferation of weapons whereby individual freedom begins to be curtailed? Machine guns? Grenade launchers? Laser guided bombs?

Are you a libertarian, or do you feel that some regulation is necessary? For example, do you feel that your state's laws on knives are an infringement of your constitutional rights?

18. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

We had most of my wish list I mentioned until relatively recently, without the need for firearms.

I think we can point to US legislation such as the Patriot Act, or leaked details of the NSA and CIA to see that civilian arms do not stop the trampling of constitutional rights.

Dead_pool and Mangosteen like this.
  19. Dead_pool

The English and Americans also did that, it's a very unpleasant part of the human condition.

On one level when a group of individuals has commited the atrocities on your fellow country men/women I can see why the impulse exists.
    (Jordan Peterson moment)

On another level that's an obviously totally morally wrong thing to happen.

(Don't read unless you really want to)

Rape during the occupation of Germany - Wikipedia

20. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

What I find most strange about people who are anti-"woke" is their complete inability to see their own particular cause célèbre in the same light.
    What really is the difference between someone being strongly in favour of Trans rights or the 2nd amendment or animal rights or pro-hunting or pro-drug legalisation or whatever?
    Something is only "woke" seemingly if it's something someone doesn't care about.
    Marching in Virginia for guns = good
    Marching in Portland for trans rights or BLM = Woke!!

Dead_pool likes this.