You know you love martial arts/combat sports when...

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Pkhamidar2com, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Pkhamidar2com

Pkhamidar2com Panda Member

Seen similar types of threads on different sites, thought i would make one here unless there is a reason to disagree with it.

Hopefully in the correct forum, wasn't sure if it should go off topic as it wasn't really related to martial arts questions or discussions.

Anyways basically in this thread you write about something that occurs to you, showing you love martial arts/combat sports.

I shall start off....

You have had a bad day, but then remember you have a MA lesson later on the day, and suddenly your frowning becomes a very wide grin.

You look at the costs of things, and measure it out as Judo Lesson currency. E.g. A game that costs 24 pounds... hmm thats worth about 6 judo lessons... i think ill spend it on Judo.

2. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

You walk around practicing making a proper fist. I do this all the time.

3. Allers

Allers tricking, kicking

when you are constantly sore.
    :(

4. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

When you really can't be bothered with anything else except martial arts? It's not healthy, but healthy has never been for me.

Oh, when your girlfriend lies next to you and you hug her and secretly think of ways to choke her out. I do that too.

5. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

I always think that when Im hugging your girlfriend

6. YouKnowWho

YouKnowWho Valued Member

- When you are at home, you pick up a dumbell and start to hit on your own head.
    - Your girl wanted sex, you told her that you will have 15 rounds sparring next day.
    - You told your wife that MA is your 1st wife and she is only your 2nd wife.
    - When you boss told you that he won't be able to give a raise this year, you picked him over your head and smashed his head against the wall.
    - When you walked on the street of NYC and saw a street sign, you did "human flag" on that street sign pole.
    - You discuss martial arts with your girl friend.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2012
  7. Pretty In Pink

You can't hug your Mother like that S:

8. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

When you have an entire tray of coffee cups in your hand and still at 46 years old have the flexibility and balance to open the door with your foot ( I do this every day at work).

9. Dead_pool

noooooooo not my smother................ I mean mother..............

10. Dead_pool

..... YKY<3 training when.....

You realise most of your friends are military, ex military, doorman, police, profesional fighters, or massive geeks.

11. YouKnowWho

YouKnowWho Valued Member

A: Do you know this person?
    B: He is not one of us.

The discussion about that person stop right there.

12. Ular Sawa

Ular Sawa Valued Member

When you find opportunities during the day/at work to do some form of leg stretching.

That one applies mainly if your over 40.

13. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

You put your "hooks" in to roll your spouse over, in bed.

You try to practice bong sau, etc. blocks on the steering wheel of your car.

14. Pretty In Pink

When you're at the bus stop and you lightly spar with the bus shelter.....

15. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

THIS.

also, when you're bored so you prop books up on a table and try to one-inch-punch them.

16. ShadowHawk

ShadowHawk Valued Member

when even in your dreams your training

17. Pkhamidar2com

Pkhamidar2com Panda Member

you just finished a lesson and even though you are sore and knackered you are sad it has ended. then think about how it would be if you had another 1.5 hours and a wide grin forms on your face... until you realise you don't and you have to go home :(

18. HarryF

HarryF Malued Vember

When you "inside gunting" to open a cupboard and reach inside
    When you "bagsak" (replacement step) your leg out of the way when opening a door towards you
    When making a brew for the office you poor the milk in one cup and stir another at the same time to practice coordination
    When standing up is a half squat
    When walking is practice for your greco guard/alignments
    When you practice silat djurus in the car while waiting at traffic lights
    When you are constantly working out when improvised weapons are available and which is most accessible and useful
    When you can't look beyond poor fight coreography to see an otherwise good movie
    When every time you get up from sitting on the floor its in a combative manner
    When you can think of more than 10 reasons without really trying...
    When you post on a MA discussion board late at night...
    ...And when you think of all the above and still have a big stupid grin on your face :)

19. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

when you close drawers with your belly using abdominal pressure.

also, seconding the "standing up is half a squat" for great vengeance.

20. YouKnowWho

YouKnowWho Valued Member

I did that all the time. The funnest thing is, in my dream, I always win the fight.