You guys will love this clip

Discussion in 'Tai chi' started by tccstudent, Apr 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tccstudent

tccstudent Valued Member

How can he, or anyone show you if you don't spend some time training with them? As it has been said time and time again; you have to spend some time training with people who do energy work before you may (or may not) develop it yourself. Why not spend some time to find out? What do you have to lose? What are you so afraid of? Or, is it just a whole lot easier to understand things the way you always do and not have an open mind for learning something other than your current perspective? :eek:

There are some very thick skulls on this forum. :D

2. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

And how do you know this statement to be true? In my experience this is in fact not true.

Because one who preaches and teaches, yet cannot demonstrate in my experience is a waste of time. All my teachers have been able to demonstrate that which they preach. Richard is not willing to demonstrate and is giving excuses as to why a demo would not work, or at least not be percivable by an observers eyes. It also seems that you have adopted these excuses as your own. Your better off seeing with your own eyes, or in other words experiencing yourself.

3. tccstudent

tccstudent Valued Member

I know it's true because I am starting to tap into the energy myself. I am operating on a lesser degree of sensitivity, but I am improving in the area. I can do things today that I couldn't do last year or the year before. My direct experience tells me this is in fact TRUTH.

Again, you are in a box. Why not open it and look around some?

4. Taiji Butterfly

Taiji Butterfly Banned Banned

Jeez - :eek: - is this discussion still going on...?
    Not righteous or pompous on any level - that's what I love most about you, Richard... :rolleyes:
    :Angel:

5. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

That’s all very good for you, and I am happy that you are learning more about your being.

However, assumption is the mother of all .......... :) and I think your assumptions are clouding your perception.

I did not state anywhere that in my beliefs/experience this sort of phenomena is impossible, in fact I have seen it demonstrated on very scientific minded skeptical, non-compliant people, by teachers and by students. However, these people can back up what they claim with demonsatrations. Richard however refuses to do so, why is it cause he is not able to do this.. thats what I think, hence we have video proof, but unwiligngness to prove in reality, and excuses to cover this up, and perhaps even entice students to his school, perhaps someone like you. Hence I said:

So what “box” is it you think I am in.. I’m sure as hell not in Richards box. :D

EDIT:

To clarify my opinion on such bizarre phenomena. As I have mentioned I have seen this done on people, and I know people that have had this done to them. However, I have not had this done on me.

The way I base my opinion is such, until I have direct personal experience I believe everything is impossible and possible, or in other words I remain open, so that I can perceive without any thought/biases/stereotype/assumptions clouding my perception.

So for me, at the moment even though I have seen this phenomena, my judgement remains open as I have not experienced it myself.

I have however seen plenty of charlatans who show videos of them doing such bizarre acts, and yet when it comes to reality they are either unable or unwilling to demonstrate. In my mind Richard for the moment falls in to this category. Maybe I am wring to judge in this situation, but I feel that I should at least look for some openings in Richards structure to probe either truth or falsity out of him.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2006
  6. Richard Dunn

Richard Dunn Banned Banned

You don't even know what you are looking at, a fine basis to be able to judge anything. I personally would want nothing at all to do with you, but you are in London. I started to do this when I was with John Ding so go visit his class, observe, and ask him to demonstrate it to you. Anyone else who has been more polite is welcome to come and join in our training.

7. Sandus

Sandus Moved Himself On

Oops, I closed the thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.