You guys will love this clip

Discussion in 'Tai chi' started by tccstudent, Apr 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tccstudent

tccstudent Valued Member

2. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

What a shoddy bunch of garbage. I really feel bad for the morons who get taken in by this kind of crap.

3. robertmap

robertmap Valued Member

Hi All,

Obviously some high level skills :) :) :) :)

Saint's preserve us - how much of this Junk goes on - the more I see these EMPTY force demos the more I despair - the problem is, I think, that most people actually want to believe in this kind of nonsense.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for anyone to try empty force on me - I don't believe in it - that doesn't mean it doesn't exist just that it's statistically VERY unlikely. However if anyone can exhibit empty force - I'm willing to bet it looks NOTHING like the stuff in that clip.

Of course maybe they were all just putting on a show and having a laugh. Let's hope so.

All the best.

Robert.

4. piratebrido

piratebrido internet tough guy

Thats how Yang Lu-chan did it.

Apparently.

5. Shadowdh

Shadowdh Seeker of Knowledge

Hey thats not only how Yang Lu Chan did it but that is actually very rare footage of the big fella his-self... just ask richard... he knows...

6. Richard Dunn

Richard Dunn Banned Banned

It looks like Ma Yueh-liang husband of Wu Ying-hua. But there again I could be wrong!! Dead now but renowned for this work within the Wu lineage. Much misunderstanding per usual. The renowned spot was trying to troll for this as well with Wu Tu-nan (no relative). Towards the end of his life Wu Tu-nan lost virtually all the physical aspects from his form, it was almost entirely energetic in nature, which is what it should be when you get to 100 :) If you see Ma Yueh-liang in his last years there were similar characteristics to his form. If you stick it out from teens to 90's you could also be that good with the *correct* training.

7. Shadowdh

Shadowdh Seeker of Knowledge

And of course only YOU know what constitutes th3 c0rr3ct training...

8. daftyman

daftyman A 4oz can of whoop-ass!

seen this clip before. Guff!

Does *correct* training also mean that you have to train your students to be able to react to your empty force properly?

If I have to resort to doing demonstrations of parlour tricks in the park when I'm that age, please put me back in to the asylum. Did someone pass a hat round afterwards?

9. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

I had a look at the originating website, they say it Maters Shi Ming, and it also says so at the bottom of the clip in the very begining. Here is a pic of Ma Yueh-liang with his misses, he looks diffrent from the guy in the vid.

Attached Files:

10. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

11. Buddy

Buddy Valued Member

Wu Tunan lied about his age and was fortunate (through his political alliances) that Chen Fake didn't crush his frail and fragile frame. What you call energetic is a complete lack of proper structure. Who did Wu fight? It's typical though that you are an expert in Wu style as well. It must be lonely at the top.

12. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

Actually, the Wu Tu Nan supposed lie is a fabrication created by the Chen family for Wu Tu Nan slating their Tai Chi. You can ascertain Wu Tu Nan’s age, which is as he claimed by checking historical records, specifically you can check his attendance and age in the 1928 Beijing MA tournament. Additionally, Wu Tu Nan’s skill is well documented, and he was a very respected exponent of Tai Chi, he was also a student of Wu Jien Chuan and one of the few students of Yang Shao Hou.

13. Richard Dunn

Thanks I thought it looked like a younger Ma in the 60's or 70's, my goof!

14. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

No worries Richard, the only reason I knew who it was, is cause it was written underneath in Russian. The reason I posted the pic of Master Ma, was to look like a smart ass.. :Angel:

15. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

The slating I was refering to is this:

The lies about Wu Tu Nan started apearaing after this incident.

16. SickDevildog

SickDevildog Lost In The Sauce

Is there another link the video wont load for me )=

17. Richard Dunn

One of the few that could put up with the pain of training with him!

18. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

I think I may have been wrong regarding Wu Tu Nan not lying about his age.

According to B. K. Frantzis, Wu Tu Nan was 3 or 4 years older that Liu Hung Chieh. Liu died at an age of 79 in 1986, hence he was born around 1907. Wu died at a supposed age of 105 in 1988, which would mean he was born around 1883. Yet if Wu was 3-4 years older than Liu, he would have had to been born around 1903, which would have made him around 85 at the time of death.

Either way I guess it is really down to what and who you believe. I do know from experience though that Wu Tu Nan students are very skilled, and apparently so was he.

19. tccstudent

tccstudent Valued Member

As usual I disagree with the majority of this forum when it comes to the energetic aspects of the art. I guess in your minds all these masters are lying and committing fraud, fooling the public and are charlatans. Do you honestly think these people are all frauds??? Some of these guys are quite famous and known for their high level of skills, here and in China! I find it very unlikely that they are all faking it, especially since so many people are negative towards this kind of training. That would make it even more unlikely that the skill is fake.

I posted this clip because I thought it was good, not because I wanted to spoof it. Of course, I knew what the response would be. :love: Sensitivity and proper training can lead one to the energetic. Many high level masters (and even not so high level) can do some of this in one way or another. I still don't know why so many are closed-minded about energy work, it's there and one only needs to find it to tap into it. :) my two cents...

20. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

Dont worry about what others think, that is the path to the dark side :), its attachment, experience yourself, and think for yourself. :Angel:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.