You Could Have Been a Contender!

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by KickChick, Jul 7, 2004.

1. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

The Contender

"The Contender" will be the next big reality show that will be aired in prime time on NBC. This show was a creation of Sylvester Stallone along with Mark Burnet creator of "Survivor" .... and hopefully will bring on Rocky 6!

Although try outs for the program are over unfortunately for those of you who may have been interested, I heard that there was quite a turn out.

There were fighters from different styles with different levels of experience. Ken Hewski "Pro Kickboxer", Lennox Chance "Amateur kickboxing World Champ", Tarek Rached "Pro Kickboxer and Pro Boxer", Dyer Davis son of "1976 Olympic Gold Medalist" Howard Davis, Tommy "Bee" Bottone, Kevin Moley who once fought for the Middleweight World title at Madison Square Garden against Wilfredo Benitez.... to amateur boxers & kickboxers.

I'm assuming that this show will indeed peak the average TV viewer's boxing interest!

The show is scheduled to air on Tuesdays at 8:00 PM EST starting January of 2005.

2. Albert

Albert Banned Banned

damn, that sounds like fun. maybe after, theyll do it again and have more tryouts.

3. Judontknow

Judontknow New Member

Sounds great, but I hope it doesn't suck like Next Action Hero or whatever its called.

4. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Map Addict

Maybe, not long before it's "over here".

5. Cyrax

Cyrax Forever Student

I am looking forward to a Rocky 6 but Stallone has to be in it...

6. Nrv4evr

Nrv4evr New Member

they'll probably end the series with some apollo rocky thing where stallone fights leonard. that'd be pretty cool, although i hope they'll actually show who won.