XFGear Sizing Issue

Discussion in 'Brazilian Jiu Jitsu' started by EternalRage, Jun 27, 2007.

1. EternalRage

EternalRage Valued Member

So I want to buy the long sleeve XFGear Standard Rash Guard,

(can see here http://xfgear.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=6&Itemid=37)

But I fall between a medium and a large in sizing:

Medium
    120 -150 lbs

Large
    150 -180 lbs

X Large
    180 -210 lbs

It'll be my first rash guard, so I dunno if these things shrink or what not. I'm 150 pounds, about 5'9. Just want a comfortable, semi tight fit, don't want it to be so tight where I tap to the rashguard before I get on the mat.

Anyone have experience w these?

*Edit: tried to call them and ssfgear everyday for like the past 5 days, couldn't get a hold of them.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2007
  2. slideyfoot

slideyfoot Co-Founder of Artemis BJJ

I've bought a medium from XFGear, been very happy with it so far. However, I'm a bit smaller than you (at present, 138lbs and about 5'7). My instructor at ZSK (who is roughly my height but much beefier) also found it fit ok.

So I'd say medium should be fine for you. I had a discussion about this in regards to ATAMA sizes, when I was in a similar situation to you (in between two sizes). General consensus was the size down is normally fine.

Could try emailing Chris at XFGear to be certain - either info at xfgear.com or admin at xfgear.com. I've been looking to get a club order of rash guards in for ZSK, but last I heard he was out of stock on the white: hopefully that will be sorted soon.

3. EternalRage

EternalRage Valued Member

Yeah I tried using their contact function on the website, either it didn't work or they never got back to me.

4. slideyfoot

slideyfoot Co-Founder of Artemis BJJ

Go with the emails - sometimes takes him a while, but so far Chris has always replied.