X-Men Legends 2

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Tyranith, Oct 12, 2005.

1. Tyranith

Tyranith New Member

I got it and didn't have high expectations, but the game really is excellent. Well polished and quite intricate from the looks. My only gripes with it are that it's very obviously designed for console, and the camera angles can sometimes get a bit awkward.

If you're an x-men fan, you'll probably love this game.

2. PsiCop

PsiCop Antonio gets the women...

I rented it but haven't played it yet. I didn't play part one either, but from what I've seen and read, it looks like I'll have a good hit on my hands.

3. Tyranith

Tyranith New Member

The interface (dunno if this happens on console, I have PC version) has a small bug. When I'm scrolling through lists of equipment/abilities/characters/anything, sometimes the highlight will either:
    1.Just stick for a few seconds. The game doesn't freeze, but I can't move the focus or activate anything for a short while.
    2.Scroll through roughly five items at once. This only happens when I'm using the keys to scroll through the list, the focus will scroll through a few items.
    This happens very regularly and is extremely irritating, though nothing I imagine a small patch wouldn't fix.

They've even gone so far to include alternate costumes for each character (except for Gambit, so far) which get unlocked as you do stuff.

On a seperate note, who's your favourite x-man (or character from X-Men)?
    Mine's Nightcrawler, closely followed by Magneto (and Onslaught, but he doesn't really count).

4. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

I definitely want to get this game, me and the lads enjoyed ploughing through this game immensely. The replay value isn't that good because once you've finished, the multiplayer isn't much fun for long but I would definitely play the sequel.

5. PsiCop

I'm not a huge X-Men fan, but I always thought the guy who had the red laser come out of his eyes was always cool.

6. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

you mean CYCLOPS!? jesus, i thought x-men was like a universal language!?
    j/k

Legends 2 is VERY good, a fitting sequal to an already very enjoyable game, weather your an x-men fan, or just want a good action/RPG experiance, this is a must have.

7. Tyranith

Tyranith New Member

It has a kind of old-skool platformer feel to it, which is strange because it's an entirely 3d game.
    They use cel-shading techniques to make it look like comic-book characters in a 3d environment, and the result is quite impressive imo.

They've done an excellent job of modelling each mutant's abilities (at least the one's I've played), while still maintaining balance between them.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2005
  8. PsiCop

I played X-Men Legends 2 and I didn't like it at all. I thought the pace was slow. It just didn't click with me.

9. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

I loved X-men Legends 1, but the PS2 version that I had was well buggy! The sentinel levels caused it to crash all the time - I think they ate up memory if too many sentinels got on screen at once. It'd go green-screen and lock up.

As long as they've sorted this out for the sequel it should be cool!