Wrist pain.. kinda

Discussion in 'Injuries and Prevention' started by Semper Fi, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Semper Fi

Semper Fi Valued Member

I hurt the top of my wrist somehow.. Dunno what I did. When I did it, it wasnt instantaneous pain because I woke up with the pain. Currently wearing a sport wrap to stabilize the wrist. It is focused on just the top part of my wrist, slightly below the back of my hand.

If it doesnt get any better, I'll go see my doctor.

2. Banpen Fugyo

Banpen Fugyo 10000 Changes No Surprise

does it hurt when you push your wrist backwards or forwards? both?

Not that Im going to be much help, but I had a problem because I stopped a kick literally like this:

[​IMG]

(minus the funny clothes)

It didnt hurt at the time, but the next day (and for the next few months) whenever I did padwork or any other kind of drill where my wrist was pushed backwards due to force it hurt like crazy.

If this is the case, get it checked out or you'll end up in pain like me for a month or 5...

3. StudentOfTao

StudentOfTao Valued Member

Try Zheng Gu Shui. best thing in the world. I used it to heal my sholders after some severe and stupid weight training and my friends wrist had water and it became the most painful thing. I Put some of that stuff on it and rapped her hand in a boxing wrap and a day latter it was all good. Is like ICY HOT x 100 and actually helps heal.

Hope it helps and that your wrist gets better.

Luzbel

4. Semper Fi

Semper Fi Valued Member

It hurts more when I push it forward then backward but both ways hurt. I can't put any weight on it. I tried to do a push up and its really ginger.

5. Llamageddon

Llamageddon MAP's weird cousin Supporter

If you still have (almost) full mobility, you've probably just sprained it, and because it's your hand/wrist it's going to take a while to heal, cos you can't just stop using your hands! However, if you're still not sure that it might be a sprain, go get it checked out, just in case you've done something more permanent to yourself :)

6. Semper Fi

Semper Fi Valued Member

Thanks all for the advice. I will give it a few more days. Its not a constant pain so I am hoping its only a sprain. I'll give it a week or so and if it doesnt get any better I'll make a DR's appointment. I'm still trying to figure out how I injured myself..

7. Llamageddon

Llamageddon MAP's weird cousin Supporter

I think I know, but obviously I can't say it on a family friendly forum :p

8. Semper Fi

Semper Fi Valued Member

LOL. Nah man.. I live with my girlfriend so she handles it.. =)

9. Semper Fi

Semper Fi Valued Member

*Update*

Thankfully its been healing. I have full mobility again though I still can't put any weight on it. Can't wait to be back at 100%.