World Arnis results (Dec 8-9, 05)

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by pinoy, Dec 10, 2005.

1. pinoy

pinoy Valued Member

Hi :D

Just heard bout the result, pls correct me if Im wrong ok :eek:

First - Vietnam
    2nd - Phil :cry:
    3rd - UK

:D

:eek: Is it also true that ArPi did not let the Seag player to participate in that competition, the World arnis? just heard.

If it's true, i wonder why :confused:

Congrats to Vietnamese Team!! Hey Filipino guys..... congrats din :D (din = too, <what happened? :confused: >)

2. littlebadboy

littlebadboy Valued Member

Pat and Lucy had great fights too! The little lady in their team was good.

3. pinoy

pinoy Valued Member

ei sir pat & madam lucy competed? cool :p

little lady was good? or good loking? :D

peace LB :p

4. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

We are in Cebu now, bruised and in pain, had a great time and just to let you know the Brits picked up 7 medals with 6 players.

Slept all day yesterday as we had no sleep in 2 days. Also been accepted into the Philippine Council of Masters which was a surprise.

It was also great to see in attendance such Masters such as Rey Galang, Yuli Romo, Roland Dantes, Vic Sanches, Chris Sayoc and many more in attendance.

Also our Mr Scotland and his wife the Kiwi Girl made a big impression too.

Congratulations to all the UK fighters as they done well, more than I expected.

But hey, San Mig and Fighting. What more can a man ask for.

Best regards

Pat

5. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

UK results.

Lucy O'Malley - Silver

Paul Smith - Silver

Shelley Smith - Bronze

Me - Bronze :eek: Dam Veitameze guy, I will get him back. Cant walk with having so many hits to the ankle????

Rebecca Kane - 2 Silver medals (our midget player)

Best regards

Pat

Last edited: Dec 11, 2005
  6. pinoy

pinoy Valued Member

congrats sir pat!! :p hope our filipino & arnis brothers have welcomed you & your team well. But w/ the san mig, I guess they have :D

7. shootodog

shootodog restless native

nice. good show!

8. Peter

Peter Valued Member

This is great news Pat and congratulations to all. Lucy and Rebecca obviously put on a great show. Good to see Paul and Shelley doing well. I'm sure a few beers will ease the pain in your ankles. :D If not, a few jokes from the Grandmasters may help!

Also congratulations on being accepted onto the Philippine Council of Masters. Another excuse...I mean reason... to celebrate with a few San Migs! :D

Best wishes to all

Peter

www.yuli-romo.com
    www.bakbakan.com

9. littlebadboy

oh... so that was rebecca... she was pretty... and she had nice shoes!

Pat & Lucy had really cute children too! I wanted to approach them but I was too shy.

10. LabanB

LabanB Valued Member

Congrats Pat and Lucy et al

Hi Pat,

Well done to all in the Brit team.

And remember Pat, get as much video footage of the Vietnamese guy as you can...Reven...err, sorry, I mean a rematch is on the cards ;-)

Bill

11. Peter Bradbury

Peter Bradbury Valued Member

well done to everyone. Glad to see all that beating up of each other you all did in class paid off. hopefully next time i can make.

id be carefull what you say littlebadboy shes on this forum and very violent, i should know as i had to do my last grading with her.

well done though, and enjoy the rest of your time out there.

Peter

12. BatongBuhay

BatongBuhay Valued Member

see next tourney

you'll have it too bro

13. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Congratulations! :D

14. reydominguez

reydominguez Valued Member

World Championship next year?

dEAR BROTHER,

CONGRATULATIONS BRO!!!

THANKS FOR COMING OVER HERE JUST FOR THE LOVE OF THER AERT!
    WE SALUTE YOU...AS BEING A TRUE ARNISADOR IN HEART AND MIND....
    CALL ME UP WHEN YOU GET BACK HERE..AND ALSO PLEASE CAN YOU VERIFY AGAIN TO ATTY DIONY WHEN WILL BE HIS TOURNEY QUALIFYING ? HE INVITE ME TO BE THERE....

HOW ABOUT A WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP NEXT YEAR AFTER wekaf?

REYDOMINGUEZ

15. reydominguez

Arnis For All

:Angel:

Many Thanks to everybody who gave their FULL support on this Tournament...Master REY GALANG, brother Pat, PG Hufana, guro doherty,GM'S TABOADA, TABIMINA , LANADA, YULI, VIC SANCHES, DAGOOC, ROBAS,JERRY DELA CRUZ, SAYOC, TORTAL, AND THE DAUGHTER OF gm BEN LUNA LEMA SISTER PAT, GM LABANIEGO AND ALL THE MASTERS OF ARNIS IN THE PHILIPPINES for their invaluable support and cooperation to become this an awesome one...Only here will you witness the REAL CAMARADERIE OF A TRUE ARNISADOR BY HEART.....THANKS TO ALL AGAINNNNN!!!!!!!!

REY :woo: :Angel: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: LABAN KA DITO!!!!! :Angel:
    GOD BLESS TO ALL!!

16. littlebadboy

both! she fights good and is also good looking!

ooooo... violent...makes her more interesting!

17. mike-a

mike-a Eskrima Geek

GM Taboada?

Were there some of his Balintawak players?

How'd they do?

18. reydominguez

Balintawak Players

The Presence of Grandmaster Bobby Taboada is enough to encourage all Balintawak Arnisador to try the Sports Eskrima Kali Arnis for this Universal dream of every Arnisador......
    GM Taboada just got back here in the PI ......
    Anyone could PM me about Master Nick Eleazar.....a long lost Friend..

www.gurodominguezkali-arnis.com
    :Angel: :woo: :Angel: :woo:

19. rebecca kane

rebecca kane Valued Member

what is your real name little bad boy?? did i speak to you at the comp?? it is nice to know i have a fan!!

peter bradbury you must sleep next to your pc waiting for opportunities to post on the forum!! i will advise you to get out more!! (take your girlfriend out) get drunk!! be happy and see you in the new year at training!! p.s happy christmas!! :D it was a great session that lucy, pat, paul izod, and i had, plenty of bruising before the comp!! even though majority of the stuff we did were against the rules when we got there.

so can anyone tell me the rules from the competition cause i am still unsure of them!!

I would also like to take the opportunity to congragulate Paul Izod ad he has been training arnis for just over 3 months and he won his first fight at the 1st world invitational championships against an Australian who had been training for years!!.. Lol the funniest thing was the Aussies team mates were apologizing for how bad their team mate was gonna beat Paul before the match. It was unfortunate that Paul went on to face the guy who won the championship in the quarter final match but Pauls performance showed that it could have gone either way as there was only one point in the match.

best regards to all competitors, I hope that all the grat people I met at the Competition will keep in contact with me via email or map!!

if you dont want to post feel free to pm me!!

best regards rebecca kane

20. littlebadboy

nah... we didn't get to speak. but i was just nearby. i was sitting on the stage too watching your fight. nice fight.