Working out after prostate surgery

Discussion in 'Injuries and Prevention' started by cmetalman, May 17, 2011.

1. cmetalman

cmetalman Valued Member

Just signed up on this forum today, so hopefully I'm posting in the right thread.I'm 51 years old and will be having prostate surgery performed in september. I was curious if anyone had the surgery and how it effected their long term physical activites as in either lifting weights/martial art. Thank you

2. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Depends if your having it removed completely or just biopsied. PM me if you dont' want to go public.

3. cmetalman

cmetalman Valued Member

Having the prostate removed by "robotic" surgery.

4. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Well long term you shouldn't have any problems other than what the doctor will tell you are possible long term side affects. I won't go into those here, google it and don't run screaming. The need to have surgery outweighs the possible side affects. Long term though you should be fairly back to normal in a few months unless the doc says otherwise. Prostatic surgery has come a long way from even just a few years ago.

5. cmetalman

cmetalman Valued Member

Kwajman, thanks for the reply. I've been pretty active all my life and this is the first time I've come across something serious thats going to keep me from working out.The weights will be collecting dust in the basement and poor "BOB" will miss his daily beatdown. I guess it'll be "walking" with the wife around the neighborhood for awhile.

6. cmetalman

cmetalman Valued Member

That'll be "me" walking with the wife not "BOB', he got no legs.