Women in the FMA

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by Pat OMalley, Jul 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

Hey, Marcie,
    If you carry on replying, I promise I will get Lucy to start the thread you mentioned, (she'll probally kill me :eek: But what the hell eh).

It's nice to see top women FMAers speask there mind, it's a shame more don't as I am sure when more do there will be no more need for threads like this.

All the best

Pat

2. Scarlet Mist

Scarlet Mist Banned Banned

Very insightful post, Mrs. O'malley.

Hahahhahahahhahahha. That part was extremely entertaining to me. But seriously, it depends on which species you look at, the Praying Mantis, the Black Widow Spider and a few others are species in which the females eat the males after they mate. Oh, how could I forget humans, except in humans they call it names like "marriage" and "child support" :D hahaha.

Anyway, there are very many species in which the males are much stronger than the females, most of those in the animal kingdom actually. You don't hear about those because it's not remarkable - it's normal. The Lion is bigger and stronger than the lioness, the male tiger bigger than the female and a better fighter - except when they're having sex - it turns out that the male's penis is barbed and the female doesn't like this - go figure :rolleyes: :D . Same with most cats, same with dogs whether they're domesticated or coyotes. Same with birds, you probably won't notice it, unless you check musle patterns, because the males don't eat the females after they mate.

In bees, only a minute fraction of the colony is male - and all they do is sit on their asses and breed the queen (must be quite a life), of course once the queen is dead they kick the male drones out into the cold to die. Of course, all the females except for the queen are sterile, and if they stop eating a particular hormone, they change into queens. So you see, the queen subjutes all others and rules the colony with an iron fist.

My point? Behaviours in the animal kingdom are widely varied, in some species, the male is stronger, in some he is weaker, and some he's a lazy ******* that sits on his ass and breeds the queen. It just so happens, that in humans the males are bigger, taller, have more muscle mass and lots and lots of testosterone.

I think women should compete in all the tournaments they want, but really, why do you think they divided athletics into male and female sections? Because Flo Jo would place dead last at he olympics in a men's race, in her prime.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2004
  3. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

I'm not listening! *fingers in ears* la la la~~~~

Thanks Lucy for getting involved (.... welcome to MAP!)

And Marcie, there is certainly nothing wrong with getting addicted to this forum :D ;) ....

Thanks girls .... !

4. Scarlet Mist

I think I'll take you up on that!!

5. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

RichieRich .... perhaps you can do your teasing elsewhere because frankly if you cannot seriously discuss this topic (Women & FMA) without bringing your side notes into discussion here.... then this thread will be closed.

6. RichieRich

RichieRich Valued Member

Sorry KickChick - the "offending" post is gone. I'll keep it to "heights per second" in future....

:rolleyes:

Last edited: Aug 17, 2004
  7. Kanku

Kanku New Member

I don't see why there can't be a mixed division as long as there are weight and belt divisions. You wouldn't expect a 50kg White belt to go up against a 80kg black or brown belt so as long as all rules are standardised I shouldn't think that there would be a problem

8. Scarlet Mist

Don't you think that's a little over the top, KC. A little fun never hurt anybody, and aren't we discussing it seriously otherwise?
    Why are the good threads always closed?

9. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

My patience is running thin with you also my dear Scarlet.

My position here is Global Moderator.... you don't like the way we keep things civil then you can go elsewhere.

Perhaps you also need to read MAP's T.O.S. again too!

10. Tika

Tika New Member

Man, Im very glad I was not here while this thread was kicking...I just have to say thanks to Lucy and Marcie...excellent posts...please keep postin all over the place, I look forward to hearing what you have to say... *double tackle*...... *tackles Pat and KickChick too* ... did I miss anyone?

11. RubyMoon

RubyMoon New Member

KickChick was right on the money. The comments were inappropriate, especially considering the nature of the thread. Condescending remarks are condescending even when thinly concealed as humor.

Kudos to all the good posters here who have made their points without resorting to archaic stereotypes and blatant chauvinism.

12. Scarlet Mist

Maybe I do need to go Elsewhere. Cats are surely wrapped tight around here, every 50 posts I'm told to leave ... jeez ...
    Just because you disagree and I don't sound like a college professor doesn't mean I shouldn't post. Or doesn it?

13. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Who has asked you to leave?

14. Scarlet Mist

There. Kinda sucks, you know ...

15. YODA

Nope - she wasn't telling you to leave. She was saying that IF you cannot post within the Terms of Service THEN you should leave. There's a BIG difference.

That applies to everyone here.

16. Lucy O'Malley

Lucy O'Malley The Mother Art

Scarlet Mist, I think you should stop being so Pedantic. You are seriously missing the point. If your conversational skills are so far off the point, I dread to think how far adrift your stick aim is :D

Lighten up a little and understand peoples use of sarcasm, don't take it to heart. Ie. my point on the animals was just taking the micky out of everyone wandering onto other subjects, I did not need a lecture on the birds and bees.

And by the way, I don't care how good your reach is in long range, my blocking is far superior any day. :woo: :woo: Then in an instant I can close you down and have you cowering in the corner. And you will cry :cry:
    The good thing about long range Is I can read it a mile away.

Don't forget I am really good. (see I bet you are really getting annoyed now)

Steamin with rage I bet.

Lighten up my little love, what you won't realize from text is some people are not even being serious in their threads, just towards the end they might say something insightful to keep it going but they are all having a laugh and a chit chat.

Sticks up :)

All my love, accept the little bit I have to put aside for my husband occasionally.

Lucy O

17. YODA

That's right - keep him hungry Lucy :D

(Sorry Pat :Angel:)

18. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

Jeezzz, why is everyone picking on me know :cry:

Oooop's, Oh yeah, I forgot, I started this dam thread :eek:

:cool: :Angel:

19. Scarlet Mist

Lucy, Lucy, Lucy, I think you have seriously misunderstood me. :p I take very little seriously, especially not someone talking about birds and bees in an FMA thread, I simply posted to indulge myself and prevent anyone taking up another animal argument in this thread. As for you being really good - why not? If you're good you're good, but being good is no substitute for a nice big bucket of Testosterone. I'm sure you can outblock me, but I have testosterone! That, and I can sweep. :D

But really, I don't take anything seriously in these threads, because I know that at the end of the day, women still don't have large quantities of Testosterone and they still can't fight.

About the only thing that bothers me is that Self Righteous post by Ruby Moon, and her getting KickChick's backing, or is it the other way around?

20. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

Where is the self-righteousness of RubyMoon's post?

She is, how you say "backing me up", and agreeing that there is no place for bigotry, chauvinism, or inflated egos in the martial arts ...

hmmmmm, where have I see that before ?? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.