Woman VS Man experience

Discussion in 'Women's Self Defence' started by hedgehogey, May 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tika

Tika New Member

hmm..the whole height thing...yes. Im willing to bet a months pay that I could beat any man my height in a fight unless he himself had trained in Martial arts for over five years. But as NinjaBellydance said, good luck finding men our size to find out.

The whole "move like girls" ... oy...Richie....youre such a friggin firestarter. I just dont think youve been exposed to enough females that are serious about training and martial arts. Either that or youre just trying to ruffle feathers, which I dont doubt one bit.

2. RichieRich

RichieRich Valued Member

awww....
    More people are thinking it.. its just that I've said it. Kudos to Scarlet for being brave enough to express what he's seen. No doubt there are good female practioners out there and with the right criteria can beat a man. Let's use an analogy - could a 14 year old beat a 25 years old? Yes, with all the caveats we're applying to this arguement.

3. Dr NinjaBellydance

Dr NinjaBellydance What is your pleasure sir

Are you implying that women are immature....? *fixes Rich with a hard stare, Paddington stylee.... oh bums, you're American... do you have Paddington over there? It's this bear, right, from Peru, who gets found in Paddington Station, and he has marmalade sandwiches under his hat, and..... oh, never mind....* ;)

Seriously though, I know where you're going with this, but I dont think it'll work, you cant compare an adolescent minor with an adult woman, even though they may have a similar build and skill. Life experience counts for too much, even if its not MA experience.
    :D

PS Hometime for me, have a nice evening everyone. :)

4. Tika

Tika New Member

Kudos to both of you for expressing your opinions. Nothing wrong with that... its usually the observations like all the women Ive seen "move in a girlie way"... and comments from people who refuse to admit that women have the ability to beat men (not all women...not all men...but yes...they can do it, which you have admitted because youre smart enough not to get us all yelling at you :D ) that really gets us riled up.

5. Scarlet Mist

Scarlet Mist Banned Banned

Oh, by the way, just in case anyone thinks I'm a woman hater, let me say that I love women .. hec almost as much as I love food. (still can't decide which tastes better :D )

But seriously, I know that some women can beat men. I have a friend, a girl who is a third degree black belt in TKD, she won at the junior olympics. I know this guy who is about her height, he's a red belt. I doubt that he could beat her. I doubt she'd beat any of the top guys in the TKD club (although she is the highest ranking person there by 2 dans) He's faster and he doesn't move in a "girlie way".

Incidentally my 3rd dan friend has kicked dudes in the nuts on multiple occasions, so I really don't mess with her :D .

I mean, thinking about equality between the sexes is good, but why deceive ourselves?

Oh, and I recently learned that women have stronger legs. My honest question is this: why is it that men run faster than women (at the olympics and similar competitions).

Straight Love to All My Women out there :D

6. RichieRich

RichieRich Valued Member

I'm English you numpty! :D

7. Tika

Tika New Member

Ok, dont think youre a woman hater, but just so you know, even if you love women that doesnt mean youre not a sexist pig (not saying you are because that is not what I think...just making the point).

Tell me...how does one move in a "girlie way." I dont know many female athletes that movie in a "girlie way." So that strikes me as odd.

8. RichieRich

RichieRich Valued Member

If you're left handed, throw with your right, or vice versa..
    Actually you may not be able to see the difference, being a girl :eek: :D

Bwahahahahahahahha
    *falls backwards off chair*

9. Mrs Owt

Mrs Owt New Member

Go ahead Tika, I'll hold him down for you-with both hands, so I don't have to worry about my right or left!
    :eek: ;) :D

10. RichieRich

RichieRich Valued Member

Hey. Perhaps I'm saying men lack feminine grace (although Scarlet has it... *kidding*), or perhaps you have 2 good hands whilst we only have one..

*winK*

11. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

From all that’s been posted here so far, it’s a wonder that any woman would want to take up training in the martial arts.

I've seen alot in my nearly 12 years of training both within the dojos, and at tournies.

But everyday more and more women do decide to train side by side men.

For me personally it has been a real joy to see, and a thrill for a woman to overcome many of these obstacles that men have set up for us to knock down and move on to achieve the skill, technique and confidence it takes to succeed in the martial arts world.

Say what you will guys..... don't fight us, you never know.... you may need our help one day! 4 hands are better than 2!

12. Dr NinjaBellydance

Dr NinjaBellydance What is your pleasure sir

:eek:
    ....ahem........woops.......tumultuous apologies.....
    *shuffles feet and blushes*
    You'll know what I'm talking about with the Paddington 'hard stare' then.......
    :rolleyes:

13. RichieRich

RichieRich Valued Member

This isn't a female bashing thread, although its gotten humerous towards the end.

*sits in "Jerry Springer Chair" - turns to camera*

At the end of the day you really compete against yourself, and anything meaningfull you take away will be internal. There'll always be someone better and someone worse than you - but if you keep pushing your internal limits, who knows what you might achieve. Take care of yourself and one another. :D

but guys are still better, obviously. :eek: :D

14. wrydolphin

wrydolphin Pirates... yaarrrr Supporter

Hmmmm.... I am still trying to wrap my head around the "moves girly" bit. Steven Seagal runs like a little girl.... is that what you mean? Does that mean that you can beat him up? There are so many questions that need to be considered about this.

Has anyone ever considered the fact that girls are less athletic then boys because they are TOLD that they are? If you hear it often enough and while your young enough, you figure it must be true after a while. Kind of like the whole thing about women in sciences and math.... girls were told they weren't good at science and math and they weren't.

I am around 5'10 or so, and I have sparred guys who are the same height and general size and come out just fine. No broken nail or nothin'! Does that mean I am a freak? Funny... I don't feel very freak-like......

15. wrydolphin

wrydolphin Pirates... yaarrrr Supporter

Hey, look! Two for one posting!

16. Tika

Tika New Member

hmm...with women like these on MAP, you fellas better watch out!!!! :D... I think we need to form some kind of a gang...

17. booksie_girl

booksie_girl Lucy the Terrible

*assumes menacing stance* Count me in Tika ;)

18. Tika

Tika New Member

Nice menacing stance booksie! * teaches booskie the secret handshake *

19. Tittan

Tittan Valued Member

Generalizing!!! Boohoo :woo:

I've been playing Dungeons and Dragons since -87, and I've never sat in a dark basement while doing it!!! :D

(And my D&D-friends and I all do at least two different martial arts... Yeah, we're considered the nerds among the rest of the gamers in town... For those who can't hear the music, dancing seems pretty insane!)

20. RichieRich

RichieRich Valued Member

http://www.umich.edu/~urecord/0001/Mar05_01/11.htm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.