Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Pretty In Pink, Mar 5, 2018.

1. Jaydub

Jaydub Valued Member

I love the respect and sportsmanship that you displayed after beating your opponent.

axelb likes this.
  2. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

Definitely a great representation of a martial artist! The skill and the respect all the way.

Trapping that arm in the body triangle - sneeky/clever :D:cool:

3. ned

ned Valued Member

Good stuff,well done - hope your mum and dad were happy this time !

4. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Full version:

Fish Of Doom, axelb and hewho like this.
  5. hewho

hewho Valued Member

look at you, flash spinning kicks! Do it in the fight next time ;) Can't wait to see the next one mate :)

6. Pretty In Pink

I've just been talking to a guy about doing a Sanda competition, watch this space :p

hewho and axelb like this.
  7. hewho

hewho Valued Member

you could be my comeback fight, you can make it to under 65kg right? ;)

8. Pretty In Pink

I've made the weight before.

9. hewho

hewho Valued Member

I take it back man, I take it back!!!! :eek::oops:
    Seriously, if you do decide to compete in Sanda, I'll find somewhere for you to stay for a few days near me, and hook you up with my old coach. I think he was a 5x European champ back in the day, and has trained plenty of medallists.

axelb and Pretty In Pink like this.
  10. Pretty In Pink

I had to make 65.4kg for a fight. It wasn't fun.

Awesome! There is talk of fighting in London at a Sanda event actually. It's in December. Do you know anything about it?

axelb likes this.
  11. hewho

hewho Valued Member

No, I've been out of the loop for a little while, Sifu has had some issues, so I'm not currently insured to fight with BCCMA. Do you know who is organising it? 65.4? heavyweight to me ;)

12. Pretty In Pink

No idea. I've only started talking to this guy today. Says he's part of the GB squad and is interested in putting together a Scottish team. So I'm going to try out for it.

Mitch and axelb like this.
  13. axelb

Sanda will be a good variation for you, the clinch time limit will probably be the only item you need to adjust for.

is it sanda or sanshou? bccma usually only do Sanshou events which are a variation on sanda (usually head gear and chest padding requirement).

14. Pretty In Pink

I'm not even sure man. The guy said pro rules but I could get like 2 or 3 fights in on the day so I'd imagine there would be padding.

axelb likes this.
  15. axelb

pro is often sanda, and that's usually no chest great (This I preferred that, I found the chest gear very restrictive)

16. hewho

hewho Valued Member

Yeah I hated having the chest gear! I imagine you'll do well mate, takedowns score big.
    @axelb The last couple of times I've competed (2016/7) The difference was in glove size, shinguards, and contact level. Sanda had headgear and chest gear at novice, but not at advanced. Sanshou was in bigger gloves, head, chest, shinnies, and the contact was 'controlled'.

axelb likes this.