Winky Vs. Hopkins This Saturday!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by shaolinmonkmark, Jul 18, 2007.

1. shaolinmonkmark

shaolinmonkmark Valued Member

It is this saturday, and who do you think will win?
    My guess, probably bHOP, but if winky wins, i won't be surprised!

2. Tom O'Brien

Tom O'Brien Valued Member

Hopkins all the way

Winky has great defense but I think that Bernard has the artillery to break down the defense and impose his will. I think Bernard is stronger too. Freddie Roach has brought some new stuff into the factor and he feels confident they can break down Wink's defense also. It will be a good fight but in the war of the wills my money is on the 'Executioner'.
    Thanks,
    Sensei Tom

3. cowzerp

cowzerp Valued Member

im going with hop right now but might change my mind!!

4. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

Winky for me ;)

5. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Valued Member

bhop. he is hunger. did you see the hbo thing. they both had problems with jermaine taylor which to me he really aint that good. it could of went anyway for bhop and right in thoes matches. bhop baby!

6. Tommy-2guns...

Tommy-2guns... southpaw glassjaw

winky all the way

7. 19thlohan

19thlohan Beast and the Broadsword

Lol, anybody see the weigh in fiasco? They were in each others face mouthing off and Hopkins puts his hand in winky's face and shoved him back. Should be an angry fight.

8. Tom O'Brien

Tom O'Brien Valued Member

B-Hop Wins

Bernard Hopkins retained his IBO light heavyweight title in a unanimous decision over Winky Wright at the Mandalay Bay on Saturday.

Hopkins outpointed the 35-year-old Wright as judges Dave Moretti and Glenn Trowbridge scored the fight, 117-111, while judge Glenn Hamada had it 116-112 for the winner.
    Hopkins has a winners heart.

Thanks,
    Sensei Tom

9. Developing

Developing Valued Member

Even though I think both are excellent fighters with superb technique and defensive skills I was not really all that impressed with this fight. It wasn't bad but both have looked a lot better. I think that Hopkins should keep his promise to his mother and Winky should follow suit.

As for the pre fight hoopla Hopkins said after the fight that he did it just for promotion purposes. There's always some hype going on with a boxing fight so I wasn't that suprised by it. However with Winky's personality I don't think he really deserves that. Just my opinion.

Did anybody see the interview with Marvin Hagler while that weigh in was occurring. The reporter was getting Hagler's predictions for the fight when the nonsense started. The reporter asked Hagler if anyone of the tough fighters like Hearns, Duran, Leaonard or any of the others had ever put their hands on him before a fight and his response was, "they knew better." lol. Definetly one of the all time greats I haven't seen anyone fighting since I like as much as Hagler.

But on a positive note there as a clip I saw on you tube with Hopkins being supported by Randy Couture. It's nice to see great fighters from both disciplines respecting each other's ability and not getting caught up in bickering.