wing chun and jeet kune do

Discussion in 'Jeet Kune Do' started by Fujian Animal, Jul 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fujian Animal

Fujian Animal Banned Banned

wrong about what?

2. Fujian Animal

bruce lee vs myself - how good was lee, really?

i have been doing WC now for what seems like forever, and i have been doing JKD for almost just as long - and when i think about my HMA/MMA experience, i have learned more than bruce lee, i have had more exposure and opportunities than lee, more WC and boxing experience, more grappling experience and more exposure to kungfu, so why am i still not as good as bruce lee? its because of the dedication he had to training, bruce lee trained constantly - in fact i think he trained himself to death - bruce lee was a training machine, and with my 15 years of training weighed against his 15 years of training, the fact is that bruce lee put 10x more hours into his learning than i have, therefore it doesnt matter that i have more exposure than he did, because he took what he had and mastered it.... end result? bruce lee 1, fujian animal 0.... maybe one day, i will beat bruce lee, but for now, the training continues

3. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

I think I could choke the little troll out.

4. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Ok, thanks for answering the question that has been on my mind.

Now I know for a fact that you are trolling this board. Got a little to obvious with this thread.

Attached Files:

5. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

I've moved this ridiculous thread to an existing one, because if you're going to troll, you can do it in one place, not across the boards.

6. Wooden Hare

Wooden Hare Banned Banned

Here's what I really want to know.

Why in that Bruce Lee movie his wife made, did they rename Wong Jack Man to Johnny Sun, and make him a Hung ga fighter?

No WC or JKD person I've met can answer this for me.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41OvBlzEtWk"]Dragon 4 - Bruce Lee vs. Johnny Sun Part 1 - YouTube[/ame]

7. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

I'd like to see a remake of that film, as realistic as possible.

8. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

:confused: That clip looks like a video game, not a clip from a movie.

9. callsignfuzzy

callsignfuzzy Is not a number!

Just speculation, but wouldn't they have to have permission to use Wong's name and likeness? If that's the case, I doubt he'd give it (he's still alive, right?) As for the style, they probably went with what the actor knew or something. Of all the inaccuracies in that movie, that's probably among the most trivial, IMO.

10. Fujian Animal

whats the difference between jun fan gung fu, and bruce lees tao of chinese gung fu? i read a book years ago called the tao of gung fu, its one of the published by bruce lee - not by linda, john, dan or ted - but to me it seemed much like jun fan gung fu, or modified wingchun using shaolin stances and training methods, some judo but little to no boxing, very different from tao of jeetkunedo, but how much different is it from jun fan gung fu, or is it basicly the same art?

11. Fujian Animal

someone mentioned that dan inosanto was the only person ever authorized by sijo lee to teach jkd, but how many people today are authorized by guru dan inosanto? ted wong was certified by bruce lee AND dan inosanto, while my jkd instructor was certified by dan inosanto, ted wong, and at least 10 other original students of bruce lee, while ive also met with modern jkd practitioners who never even met dan inosanto.... i met inosanto and trained with him at a couple seminars, but my jkd claims more lineage from ted wong than dan inosanto, so whats the difference? like i said before, the more i learn, the less difference i see between ojkd and jkdc, if such a thing really exists at all.... its just plain old JKD to me without forms, ranks, colors or distinctions

12. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Man, it's all just fighting, what difference does it make if you know the arguments from both sides?

13. Fujian Animal

ive probably been in more chokeholds than you've ever applied.... for training, one of the things we do is run around the classroom with someone hanging from our backs, choking us out.... i dont think you have any idea what thats like.. also, we train not only to apply chokeholds, but also to prevent and counter them as well.... can you choke me out? its possible, but i doubt it will be as easy as you think.... i dont train 24/7, but when i do train, i take my training seriously

14. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

I'd take that bet.

If I've got the hold on, then you're out of in seconds unless you are real lucky.

You may get there before I get the hold on, but once applied you're toast.

Can you post a video of your training?

15. PointyShinyBurn

PointyShinyBurn Valued Member

If that's true your classmates have no idea how to execute a choke hold.

16. Fujian Animal

there are no videos of my training, i am closed door, but there are plenty of videos on WC and JKD.... the running exercise while being choked? that comes from MMA street defense, and was taught to me by a police officer who is still active, who holds olympic gold medals for judo, and who also coaches amateur UFC fighters who are looking to go professional

17. m1k3jobs

m1k3jobs Dudeist Priest

Since there are lots of choke holds what sort of choke hold are you talking about? I have choked people out with a couple of them and trust me they aren't running around the classroom.

So, is it a blood choke or an air choke for starters?

18. Fujian Animal

the choke, like the roundhouse kick, is very effective, but it is also, like the roundhouse, often over-rated.... ive seen more people tapout from discomfort and watery eyes, than actually being passed out or having their neck broken.... i have had to use a chokes to put people to sleep, not in the ring but in the street, and although it does work beautifully, i think you are making it out to be much easier than it really is.... of course it also depends on who you are fighting, we dont have weight classes where im from, and most of the people ive fought were much bigger and stronger than i was

19. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

The defense being described is the "run to the side" defense I suspect; it is a low level defense for the "initial stages"of the choke and relies on your assailant not managing to lock it in and also having no idea about displacement of weight when applying

Essentially you "run" in a spiral/turning motion toward the "elbow side" (i.e. the choking arm). This - theoretically makes it harder to close the choke and it creates space for a real counter

That's the key though - it isn't a counter itself anymore than shrimping is. It is simply a way to make space

20. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

To date I have choked out over 70 people "in da street" and it is not even slightly difficult.

If you have seen people tap out from watery eyes you train with a bunch of idiots

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.