Why so many high grades

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by Lord Bathmat, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Lord Bathmat

Lord Bathmat Valued Member

Shootdog,

I'm not challenging anybody as like the rest of the FMA outside the philipines i am crap. This is my problem the majority of instructors outside the philipines are crap.

LB

2. Lord Bathmat

Pat,

<< you see I let my stick do the talking too>> if that's the case, then i have nothing to worry about as what i've seen of you i am definitely not impressed.

Now I will admit i am crap but that doesn't mean I don't know what is good and effective and what is bad and crap.

LB

3. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

And there you go giving away the group you belong to as well and brining a bad name to yourself and the people associated to you.

Actions speak louder than words lad, and to make such a general statement just shows your lack of knowledge on the subject, and proves you are only here to try to stir the pot.

And if you think the majority of instructors outside the Philippines are crap, prove it. Show us how crap we all are. And tell us of your personal expeariance of the oh so many instructors you have met in the Philippines, on their soil and the oh so many instructors outside the Philippines you have met on their soil to enable you to come up with such a ridiculous statement.

I gather you would not even know one end of a stick from the other or whether you need a left hand stick from the left hand side of the mountain? You are simply a keyboard warrior who speaks absolute gibberish more than likely out of pure jealousy that you are unwilling to train as hard as you talk, because if you did you would probably be halfway decent.

They have a word for people like you, its called Troll. Plain and simple.

4. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Now I am not into martial politics, never have been and I have been doing this for 25 years, but what a load of BS.

You admit you are crap, but you still have the ability to recognise what is good and what is not. Based on what criteria I ask?

The feeling I get back from the Masters and Grandmasters in the Phillipines is totally opposite to what you are saying. We are told (by them) that they are only too happy that we are promoting their art outside of their home country. We get no feeling that the art is being watered down, quite the reverse in fact. The art is alive and well, we are trusted with the art, proved by the fact that we are certificated by them (or others entrusted to carry out certification).
    Many Instructors in MAP have traveled to the Phillipines to train with the Grandmasters AND Supreme Grandmasters.

Do you think they would be invited in, let alone invited back if we were coming home and teaching crap and selling it as their art? I don't think so.

Like I said, I am not normally into arguing over the internet, but I could not let this one go.

5. Lord Bathmat

Hi Simon,

I will say one thing to you money talks.

LB

6. shootodog

shootodog restless native

i happened to know a lot of good instructors and guros outside of the republic of the philippines. one of my teachers being among them. are you saying that HE IS CR@P??? are you also saying that the likes of CHRIS SAYOC and DAN INOSANTO are CR@P???

again...ARE YOU ISSUING A FORMAL CHALLENGE TO ANYONE OR TO EVERYONE? if so post your name. maybe some of the tuhons and guros would like to have go with you.

7. Lord Bathmat

Pat,

You keep claiming to know which group i'm from. So please enlighten me. I can guarantee you don't know because i'm not from any group. I never have and i never will. I don't believe in serving masters like alot of people do.

LB

8. Lord Bathmat

shootdog,

Why don't you ask what Pat's view is of Dan Inosanto is?

What's my view of Chris Sayoc. All i know is he is an extremley large man.

LB

9. flo0d

flo0d Dingo

Dude,

First of all, I love your name.

I think your first post in this thread was a genuine and interesting question. However, you have just turned into a w@nker.

Like Simon said, if you admit you are crap how can you judge others?

Keyboard Warrior and troll, thats all you are mate. If not, get out there and train. Forget about belts, certificates and politics. Get out there and train.

:hat:

10. Simon

Again what a load of BS. Money does NOT talk in FMA.

From what I understand it is the exact opposite.

I suggest you have not trained with anyone of note, because if you had you would have heard the phrase 'you are not my student, you are my friend, I will teach you'.

Does not sound like someone chasing money to me.

11. Lord Bathmat

<<I suggest you have not trained with anyone of note>> Which i haven't. Does that mean I have to keep quiet?

12. shootodog

shootodog restless native

you certainly can dance like a ballerina around issues. I AM ASKING YOU IF YOU ARE SAYING THAT MY TEACHER IS CR@P! FORGET PAT!

13. Simon

YES IT DOES.

Like I said before 'on what criteria are you qualified to judge others'?

Humility in Martial Arts will take you a long way.

14. Lord Bathmat

Shootdog,

who is your teacher?

Simon S,

i agree humility is very important. I think the other readers on this board follow it.

LB

15. Lord Bathmat

Simon S,

<< because if you had you would have heard the phrase 'you are not my student, you are my friend, I will teach you'.>> I have heard these phrase a few times. But do i bekieve it? Well it depends who said it.

I will say though that money does go along way.

LB

16. Lord Bathmat

Shootdog,

Concerning Chris Sayac I was informed (i could be wrong) that he charges $8000 to do a seminar. if this is the case this proves my piont that money talks.

LB

17. Peter Lewis

Peter Lewis Matira Matibay

Guys.

It may be time to leave the Bathmat to hang out to dry. This has become worse than a soap and he will not flannel any of you. Hahahahaha

Seriously, as I said before, LB appears to be only interested in controversy. For his / her own reason, every thread seems hell bent on turning people against each other. Some of us may or may not know this person, but it is probably best to totally ignore these comments. It is fruitless to argue because the pseudonym enables endless BS to flow out.

Gumagalang

Peter

18. Simon

Peter, wise words. Consider him hung.

19. BakbakanFighter

BakbakanFighter Valued Member

Hey LB,

My main man is Steve Morris and Randy Coulture. True warriors that proved themselves over and over again.[/QUOTE]

Do you mean Randy Couture the MMA Legend? I am not sure who Randy Coulture is???

Also, I am not sure of the exact wording of your post, but you claim that outside of the PI all FMA is crap. Now I take great offense at this. I have been studying the art for 14 years, I help to represent the very highly regarded system of Bakbakan Kali Ilustrisimo and I have had the pleasure of meeting, training and fighting with some of the best FMA's from the UK, Europe, USA and the PI.

Do I claim I am the best there is? NO. Do I try? YES.

Now I am a FMA instructor in the UK, I am not the highest in rank, and frankly I dont care. I know my skill level as I have tested it many a time but I what I do care about is my club, my students and my instructor. And to have a twerp like you suggest that I am crap and that they are crap, is nothing more than a challenge.

Therefore, I am going to be at the Black Eagle Society Gathering that will be held in Doncaster on the 21.03.10 and I would love for you to show me just how crap you think I am. Just one thing, there are no rules, I dont care whether we use 2 sticks, 1 stick or bare knuckle. I will let you chose.

That is unless you wish to withdraw that comment and apologise to all of the FMA practitioners from around the world that you managed to insult in one foul swoop.

Best wishes

20. Lord Bathmat

Bakbakan,

Am i allowed to use my machine gun?

LB