Who has fought here?

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Trent Tiemeyer, May 1, 2003.

1. Trent Tiemeyer

Trent Tiemeyer Valued Member

Who on this forum has fought Vale Tudo, and If you have, tell about your first fight.

My first Vale Tudo was in 1998, at Lone Wolf 3 in Littleton, Colorado. (Lone Wolf later became the Bas Rutten Invitational.)

Looking back on it, I must have been crazy. I knew jack squat about NHB, I was just a big kid with TKD, no punching ability to speak of, and grappling was all picked up from UFC and instructional vids.

It was an eight-man tourney, and in the first round I drew Dan Chase of Killeen, TX. We traded some kicks back and forth, and I scored a hip throw, landing in side control. I squeezed into mount, and started throwing to the body, when he covered his ribs I hit him in the head. He tapped, but I can't say he took any real damage. Probably just the futility of being in mount.

I got a bye to the finals, where I had to face UFC veteran Pat Smith. We came out and touched gloves, and it was on. We traded some hard shots and clinched up, where I attempted a standing Kimura, and Smith got a bodylock. I recall his corner yelling "SUPLEX!" and I left the ground. I kept my chin tucked and did my best to breakfall, and when he released, I did a reverse somersault and scrambled into his guard.

I tried to strike from there, but it wasn't happening. When I felt his guard open, I fell back for the heel hook. He prevented me from trapping his leg with mine, and rolled up into mount. He stood above me to strike down, and I swept my legs up to apply the ankle lock. He struck down twice, landing one glancing blow, and the ref stopped the fight. I left with a rugburn on my forehead and wounded pride.

I regret nothing.

2. Trent Tiemeyer

Trent Tiemeyer Valued Member

Please, feel free to add your own.

3. Acekicken

Acekicken Submission Fighter

I Fought at Combat Zone Last Year Against
    BJJ Fighter Andrew Corringa.

I started the Fight with a Switch Kick
    Then Tried for a inside thigh kick.

He Rushed Me into the Ropes & got The Take Down
    But Ended up in My Guard I Tried a Few Arm Locks
    And almost Had the Triangel But He Pulled out of it

I ended up in The Turtle position I went for a Rolling
    kneebar We Scrambeld i got 2 on 1
    Traped his Heel under My Arm & Straightend his Leg

I got a Heelhook/kneebar at 2:55 in the 1st round

He was a solid Fighter from the Tai Kai Team
    I have Great respect for him, but it was my Night to Win.

4. Mo Lung

Mo Lung Hard work!

What's with all the capital letters?

5. Jay

Jay New Member

where ??

6. Jay

Jay New Member

Oh Hang On I See What You Mean ... He Started Too Many Words With A Capital Letter Did He ? Good input Mo ... not.

If my grammar isn't quite correct on this, please feel free to keep it to yourself.

Jay

7. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

LOL! @Jay

sum off uz tipe reel gud so dont letit get two ya

8. Mo Lung

Mo Lung Hard work!

Hey, no need to get snippy! I just wondered why, that's all.

*shrug*

9. Jay

Jay New Member

Ok Sorry About That ... :D

10. Mo Lung

Mo Lung Hard work!