Whats that throw?

Discussion in 'Judo' started by Pkhamidar2com, Feb 28, 2012.

1. Pkhamidar2com

Pkhamidar2com Panda Member

Ok so i suck at remembering throws names that i learn at judo. Same thing happened in Tangsoodo, all i remember is dolliyo chagi which i think is round house kick.

Anyways so here is a throw that i dont know the name of.

The opponent goes in for a throw, so the way i was taught it is that the opponent goes in for a Seo Nage (i think thats what it is called) or goes in for a O Goshi.

Then, before they even get you properly thrown, you envelop your arms around them, twist your body to whatever direction at the hips, drop your centre of gravity and throw them on the ground by using your weight.

Also your face should be facing the ground, because then the judge can see that you throw him, and not he threw you.

It was a really cool and fun move!

I know i could always ask the teacher, but i will forget again, so yeah :/

2. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

If it's a sacrifice throw it sounds like yoko wakare.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0W-I9DkYEqY"]Judo: Yoko Wakare - YouTube[/ame]

3. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

Last edited: Feb 28, 2012
  4. Pkhamidar2com

Unfortunately it wasnt that. Instead of the guy throwing doing the sacrifice and going on the floor, the guy being thrown, wraps his hands around the guy throwing him, and then throws him by twisting his body and dropping his centre of gravity (im pretty much trying to say what the teacher said to me as well as my description).

Ok ill try to give a better description

Guy comes to do a seo nage or a o goshi. As he grabs you and is about to throw you, you quickly wrap both of your arms around the guy. Then you drop down as you though you are doign a squat, but while doing that you are twisting your body away. Pretend there is a crash mat behind you, and you are facing away, you are twsting and throwing the guy on there. And you fall with him.

Hopefully that helped you help me.

thanks anyway though aegis!

5. Aegis

Ura nage or tani otoshi, perhaps?

6. Pkhamidar2com

oooooh both of them were close! I think Tani Otoshi was extremely close!

It is now either two things. Either i was doing it and saw it correctly and you dont stick otu your leg, or i am wrong and you do stick out your leg. Im not sure. But i feel it is Tani Otoshi!

Thank you very much aegis, this has helped alot!

7. Aegis

The other one that might be worth looking at is ushiro goshi.

;)

8. YouKnowWho

YouKnowWho Valued Member

How to prevent your opponent from sticking out that leg is very important.

9. Pkhamidar2com

@aegis thanks man! I would say its a mix of Tai otoshi and ushiro goshi. but I feel its Tai otoshi and that I just did it wrong. I am a newb at it afterall ;)

when I go for next classes amd want to kknow throws I can't find online ill post here :)

@ykw
    well its something I look forward to learning in class!