What was the last movie you watched ....

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Guvnor, Sep 23, 2009.

1. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Watched an absolutely bonkers Scandi film called "The Trip" on Netflix. Great fun if you like jet black comedy and nasty gory violence. Which I do!

Dead_pool likes this.
  2. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

A random find after going down an IMDb rabbit-hole called The Guard about an Irish guard (Brendan Gleeson) who has to team up with an FBI agent (Don Cheedle) with drug smugglers. There's a lot of humour in it that most people outside of Ireland probably wouldn't pick up on but after going to the country for years I was in absolute stitches at times.

3. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

The Bells of St Marys
    [​IMG]
    Currently watching "For Whom the Bell Tolls"
    [​IMG]

4. Xue Sheng

5. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

The King's Man. An origin story for the Kingsman films with Raph Feinnes, Gemma Arteton, Rhys Ifans and Tom Hollander (playing three roles). I love the first film and honestly this one is nowhere near it. The callbacks to the original film just seemed far too obvious (to the point that I heard a line from one character and knew straight away what the other was going to say) though I laughed at one of Feinnes' lines where he mentions feeling like part of him was being killed whenever he killed a person (link to his character in the Harry Potter films who splits his soul by killing). There's a mid-credits scene showing Hitler, possibly hinting at a sequel that I hope they don't make - any more and I think it'll start dragging the films down too much.

6. Xue Sheng

Killing Gunther
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

Rise of the foot soldier (2007)

British Crime and gangsterism done pretty well. Based on a true story this tracks a young guy up through being a west ham football hooligan in the Eighties, to running doors in Essex. Which brings him into contact with the infamous 'Essex Boys' who ended up shot on some farmland. The acting is decent and the violence pretty strong. A satisfying 7/10

8. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

This looks far better then it has any right to be!

Hitting all the key targets for kids with parents who understand what "all your base belong to us" means!

axelb likes this.
  9. Xue Sheng

Well, I tried to watch "Iron Mask" with Jackie Chan and Arnold Schwarzenegger... could not stand it, even fast forwarding through it was awful.

Just tried to watch the newest Batman movie..... too slow, too dull, too dark, too much angst... turned it off 25 minutes in

So the last movie I saw all the way through..... The Big Boss

axelb likes this.
  10. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

Watched The Paper Tigers.

Was entertaining and certainly relatable for older marital artists :D

Travess likes this.
  11. Xue Sheng

Last Movies I watched, on the 4th of July.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

By the way "The Delta Force" was Lee Marvin's last movie

Travess and axelb like this.
  12. Dead_pool

Watching this tonight, it's had great reviews, finally the predator sequel I deserve!

(I did also enjoyed predator 2 and predators, even the last the predator film had moments of ok ness)

axelb, Flying Crane and Travess like this.
  13. Dead_pool

FZMa_gUXoAA1_S6.jpg

So I eventually got round to watching this last night, it's a real film, with real actors, and a real plot, very surprising for a low budget Genre Film, I went in with low expectations, and was blown out of the water at how good it was!

8/10 marks

axelb and Flying Crane like this.
  14. Xue Sheng

Yojimbo, the Akira Kurosawa movie that they based "A Fist Full of Dollars" on

Toshiro Mifune the Japanese Clint Eastwood
    [​IMG]
    Clint Eastwood the American Toshiro Mifune
    [​IMG]

15. Dead_pool

So light-year is a lot of fun, it's a bit complex for younger kids, and all the many many sci fi references will be lost on older kids, but overall all ages will enjoy it, I have no idea why it wasn't popular when first released.

16. Xue Sheng

Seven Samurai
    [​IMG]

The movie that the Magnificent 7 was based on

What can I say, yesterday TCM had a day dedicated to Toshiro Mifune...made it hard to get anything done yesterday actually

17. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

recently watched the remake of Dune, thought it was very good and enjoyed the movie.
    looking forward to the next instalment

it's a distant memory but I recall my attempts at watching the older movie with David Bowie were a bit of a fail for one reason or other.

18. Xue Sheng