What to have with chilli mussels?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Shadow_of_Evil, Aug 9, 2007.

1. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil wants to go climbing...

Sorry, I know we have a recipe thread, but this is just a quickie and I need a quick answer. Please leave it be untill I get what I need, Mod Gods!

Anyhoo, I'm making chilli mussels for the missus for dinner. Simple. Cheap. Even cheaper when you dive for the mussels yourself. I personally don't eat sea food so I'll just be stealing some of the chillie sauce and having it with some pasta or what not.

Chilli Mussels is a pretty boring, but tasty (so I'm told), dish and anyone can make it. But to spice things up (pardon the pun) what should I serve with the mussels as a side dish of sorts? Because I don't eat sea food (aka: mussels) it's quite hard for me to judge what to add to it. Indian Pilaf? A salad?
    What!!!?!?

Ta, in advanced. I know we've got some cultured people here so I hope I can get a few cool suggestions.

2. prowla

prowla Valued Member

White wine.

3. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

A rice or cous cous dish like Indian pilaf or lemon and coriander rice or cous cous would be nice, some garlicor crusty bread also would be good if you serve a salad on the side.

4. Shiho-Nage

Shiho-Nage I'm okay to go.

Homemade Cornbread (maybe even jalapeno cornbread) and some nice weiss beer with lemon.

Maybe some fresh cut green beans too. Steamed, so still crisp with a little bit of olive oil and sesame.

5. Rhea

Rhea Laser tag = NOT MA... Supporter

Something that tastes good? (sorry)

6. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Chips.

:D

7. SteelyPhil

SteelyPhil Messiah of Lovelamb

Saz knows UK cuisine at it's finest.

8. Rhea

Rhea Laser tag = NOT MA... Supporter

She forgot the mushy peas and fried egg!

9. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Naaah, gotta be gravy or curry sauce :D Maybe a fishcake or a sausage in batter too.