what songs would you like playing at...

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by xen, May 2, 2006.

1. TigerKai

TigerKai Valued Member

Rimsky Korsakov - Scheherazade

My absolute favorite orchestral peice.. I used to lie awake every night before falling asleep to this and acting out drama in my mind, Beethoven is great and emotional as well. Mozart sucks!

After that, maybe some Rammstein!

I would like to be buried on my own land or in Wales, or burned on a funeral pyre. Commercial cremation is the worst because they burn you down with about 5 other dead people and scoop random ashes into the urn for your family.

I'm also not an organ donor so my parts go with me into the afterlife where I might need them :)

2. Lilika

Lilika Scientia est potentia

Walk On - U2
    Highwayman - Johnny Cash(Even though that is more of a 'Guy's Song')
    And if my family scatters my ashes I would like Freebird playing in the background.

3. 1. Nicklecreek - When you come back down.

2. Pink Floyd - Time

3. The Beatles - Helter Skelter.

4. The goo goo dolls - Iris

5. Ben Folds - Golden Slumbers.

6. The Beatles - The End

But this is likely to change on a daily basis - not that it's something that runs through my mind on a daily basis.

4. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

Never understood this. I'm guessing you would gladly take organs from someone else if you needed them though?

Having everyone wearing a certain colour apart from black would be pretty cool. A girl I knew wanted everyone to have a big party, it was a really nice send-off.

5. tom pain

tom pain I want Chewbacc for good

Those who attended Anthony Walker's funeral (boy murdered in Liverpool) were all asked to wear football shirts.

"A spokesperson for Anthony's family said they wanted mourners to wear football shirts to his funeral.

"They don't want the occasion to be sombre but rather wish it to be a joyful thanksgiving for Anthony's life," the spokesperson said."

6. jonmonk

jonmonk New Member

Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb with my coffin going through the doors into the oveny bit during the second guitar solo. I'd want it to be a live version though. I've always preferred live recordings to studio ones.

7. TigerKai

TigerKai Valued Member

Nope

8. xen

xen insanity by design

good choice...

one of mine was almost 'The Final Cut'

but i thought that would be too dark and morbid for a funeral.

9. ryanTKD

ryanTKD New Member

Last Goodbye - Jeff Buckley (Grace)
    Wave Goodbye - Chris Cornell (Euphoria Morning)
    Come As You Are [Live] - Nirvana (Unplugged in New York)

10. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

'Highway to Hell' by AC/DC.

Just to put a smile on my mates' faces. I don't want too many tears at my funeral. ;)

11. flaming

flaming Valued Member

Is anyone here a organ donor? I said they could have everything, for the provisional drivers licence. But alot of my mates said they put nothing especially there eyes.

Imagine by john lennon
    Club tropicana by Wham

12. xen

xen insanity by design

thanks for reminding me..

i need to fill out a new card :)

my GF and my folks know my wishes, but she really doesn't want them to take my eyes

as far as i'm concerened, if a part of me can help improve the quality of someone elses life then have it with my blessing...

i won't be needing them anymore and as i'm going down the chute anyway, it seems a waste to burn something that could save someones life.

13. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

LMAO. You're gonna die unless you get a new liver... you wouldn't take it? Nobody knows their reaction to this situation for sure. Remember all those things you said you would never do ever when you were a kid and now you've done them all? Think about how you felt when you did it and remembering you said you never would. Similar feeling, only this time you would die if you didn't take it.

14. bonita

bonita Valued Member

I love it!

I would want a big party at mine--went to one once and it perfect everyone talked about the guy and toasted hime--pretty cool

15. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

I am daft, so these will definately sound daft ;)

The Great Beyond (REM) - "I'm looking for answers from the Great Beyond!"

It's The End of the World As We Know It (and I feel fine) (REM) - "Thats great, it starts with an earthquake..."

One Step Beyond (Madness) - Need I quote this?

Beautiful Day (U2) - Just a brilliant tune.

:D

16. TheMightyMcClaw

TheMightyMcClaw Dashing Space Pirate

BTW, I plan on donating everything even vaguely useable to science/medicine, and then having the rest cremated and thrown into the ocean. I don't particularly want to rot away in a box in the ground for the next few hundred years, say thank ya.
    As for funeral songs, I definitely want them to play "Musicology" by Prince. By heaven, my funeral WILL be an "Old School Joint for the True Funk Soldiers."

17. 19thlohan

19thlohan Beast and the Broadsword

Led Zepplin Stairway to Heaven of course!
    and maybe
    BOC Don't Fear the Reaper

18. I can't believe anyone else hasn't already had that one?

19. Agutrot-

Agutrot- Jack of all Trades

Pink Floyd- Wish You Were Here

The Beatles- Here Comes the Sun

Johny Cash- I Still Miss Someone

Just to see if I can make anyone cry.

20. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Hmm. I know the song. Ya, I just might add that to my list.

"Amazing Grace" on bagpipes, 'cause when it's played on the pipes inside a church it is so cool. You gotta hear it that way sometime.

Then somewhere in the middle "Dust in the Wind" by Kansas, because it's my favorite song ever.

Close with "Scotland the Brave." Yes, on bagpipes.