What kind of FMA was used in Bourne identity?

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by Clone, Aug 18, 2003.

1. Clone

Clone New Member

Hi all,

I know they used FMA, but what kind of FMA did they used? Modern Arnis? Sayoc Kali? Etc.?

Thanx

2. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

I think it was Kali, if I'm not mistaken?

3. deCadena

deCadena New Member

kyoushin_girl is right they used kali. am not certain as to the specific system of kali but definitely kali.

the movie "the hunted" used sayoc kali. that's for sure. :)

4. Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman Banned Banned

Kali is just a generic term for FMA, just as escrima or eskrima. would be very difficult to tell which style influenced the choreography just from the film, only way would be to ask the chpregrapher!!!

After all a punch is just a punch and a kick is just a kick and a whack with a stick is just a whack with a stick!!!!

5. Clone

Clone New Member

Thanx for the replies, seems nobody knows the specific system oh, well... :eek:

6. Tireces

Tireces New Member

What they're trying to say is that it could have been influenced by more than one specific system.

7. Sporran

Sporran Silverback.

Edited out cos was talking about the wrong film... D'oh!!!
    :eek:

Last edited: Aug 21, 2003
  8. shootodog

shootodog restless native

kali de leon. the guy who coordinated it is brother teacher's cousin who does jkd & kdl.

hahaha, you should've seen it! brother teacher was interviewed by miriam quiambao to demo and explain the moves used in the film. brother teacher was so aware of the camera and the pretty girl in front of him!!! hahaha!!!

Last edited: Oct 10, 2003
  9. bite

bite New Member

Hey shootodog,

Maybe you could show me an mpeg of it when we meet. I am sure Roland has a sample.

Bite

10. pesilat

pesilat Active Member

As far as I know, Matt Damon trained in the Inosanto blend to prepare for the role. What, specifically, was used would (as has been mentioned) have been up to the choreographer.

Mike