What ethnicity are you most?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by jujitsuka07, Mar 25, 2007.

1. tellner

tellner Valued Member

Amphibian

2. jfleshner

jfleshner Valued Member

I am have mostly german bloodline but some native american

3. KungFuCandie

KungFuCandie Valued Member

*deep breath*...

I am ... part Irish, part English, part Dutch, part Cajun French, and (lastly and favorite-'ly' ... Native American.) ^_^

4. vismitananda

vismitananda Valued Member

I am a bit of Spanish, Malay, Chinese ethnicity.

5. progdan

progdan Valued Member

I'm very much Australian, ie. very multicultural in my ancestry.

I think I have pretty much equal parts of Anglo, Saxon, British, Picti, Scotti, Frankish and Viking... (ie. English, German, Welsh, Irish, Scottish, French and Danish... :D )

6. Arnoo

Arnoo Work in Progress

Mom side: Dutch, Dutch and again Dutch

Dad side: Dutch, Dutch and again Dutch

not very spectacular is it ? :p

7. Mano Mano

Mano Mano Dirty Boxer

English, Scots, Irish & Welsh.
    Considering my Family have lived in the Northeast of England for generations probably some Roman & Danish as well.

8. Satchoki

Satchoki Valued Member

9. SMMA

SMMA Mind-Body-Sprit

Italian all the way haha

10. raging demon

raging demon Banned Banned

11. warriorofanart

warriorofanart Valued Member

My dad keeps a family tree that goes way back so I have an Idea.

1600 years ago my family originated in Saudi Arabia, in the next 300 years they moved around the Middle East, until about 500 years ago, one of the family members decided to move to Perisa, modern day Iran. He married an Indian lady of some note before he moved.

400-300 years later we somehow ended up in Iraq and it's been like that till 1982 when my dad decided to leave instead of being executed because of Saddam.

So about 300 years in Iraq would make me Iraqi.

12. Danielzson

Danielzson New Member

My mom is swedish all the way.

And my dad is partly swedish and partly finish since his mother was finish.

So as far as i am aware of, i am swedish but also a little finish.

13. pecks

pecks Valued Member

English. I believe that there is a tiny bit of Irish in there somewhere, and probably some Welsh too if you go back far enough.

14. CKava

CKava Just one more thing... Supporter

I'm always sort of curious about how people go about creating really long family trees. I mean it's simple enough going back as far as a couple of generations but if you go back even just 8 generations you would be dealing with tracking down 256 great, great, great, great.... grandparents who could all come from different families.

What's the method?

15. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

I am English with Irish blood somewhere along the line.
    I understand that my great grandfather has a hero in the Irish rifles.
    I also understand that like a true Irishman he drunk himself to death.

16. warriorofanart

warriorofanart Valued Member

I don't know how other people do it, but in the case of my family tree, it was written into a book by one of our distant relative. In Iraq our family, extended and all, live in a close-proximity of one another, and it has been like that for at least a century. I'm not familar that much with the family tree concept, but in the east they draw the line from the men only.

Example would be,

John - Jill

Children:

Jake-Garret-Jasmine-Heather

The family tree would only continue from Jake and Garret respectively.

My distant relative had resources because some of our family members were well-known in their time. My family is often refered to by one of the names that was given to my great grandfather, many generations back, that moved from Perisa. That helped as well as the tradition that our family had of writing the names of their children and there birthdates. In a place that things pass down from generation to generation instead of being sold in estate sales, it was a valuable tool in making th family tree.

17. Eisenaffe

Eisenaffe Valued Member

I´m braziliam
    but I´m half portuguese half italian

18. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

We're definitely a mix by this point, but I know the majority is Norwegian, as well as Hungarian, some German, and a small amount of Pennsylvania Dutch. My wife's mostly Polish and German, so my son will be even more of a mutt.

So needless to say I mostly come from a line of pillagers and raiders. Imagine that.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 11, 2010
  19. Interesting thread!

As far as I know, my ancestors are English, Scottish, and I'm also 1/8 Norwegian.

20. pmosiun

pmosiun Valued Member

My family came from Southeast Asia and Hong Kong and probably China too. One of the branch of my family a long time ago wrote a family tree and until now it has been rewritten to be up to date within the last 500 years.