What do you think about street fighting weapons?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by JLD Boy, Sep 15, 2003.

1. JLD Boy

JLD Boy New Member

Heres a little quiz that I need answers for that will help me for the weapons oral I am doing at school!

1. Which of the following weapons would you use in a fight if you could choose from:
    - Nunchaku
    - Sai
    - 3 sectional staff
    - Brass Knuckles/Knuckle dusters
    - Butterfly knives

2. What your opinion is on the laws against these weapons

3. which do you think you can conseal on your body and how would you conceal them?

4. How many and which ones could you conceal at the same time?

5. Have you ever used any of these weapons in combat on the streets when you were in a confrontational situation?

6. Which weapon would you most like to excel in:
    - Nunchaku
    - Sai
    - 3 sectional staff
    - Butterfly knives

7. Which weapon do you currently train with or have trained with?
    - Nunchaku
    - Sai
    - 3 sectional staff
    - Butterfly knives

Cheers!
    And if you have any good info on any of these 5 weapons please send any links or info to my email address scrad_lenz@hotmail.com

2. Seminosukei

Seminosukei New Member

Howdie just to let you know i live in Qld to its great to see another Aussie on here....as for the Q's:
    1.i would use Nunchaku or my favourite which im a lil disapointed that its not on the list is the long staff...
    2. the laws against these weapons are good but they should also be reconsidered.
    3. well Nunchaku can be kept in the back of your pants tucked into the belt and the staff can be consealed as a walking stick ( i know it may look big but hey it works i know)
    4. as above and max would be two
    5. yes i have twice ive used Nunchaku ( when i got jumped by 6 guys last week coming home from training in brisi )
    6. Nunchaku and both three section staff and long staff
    7. Nunchaku, Staff, Katana, Scimatar, pole ax.
    hope i helped....and if you live in either Brisi or Sunshine Coast PM me and tell me o and i also added you to my MSN
    passusastubie@hotmail.com if you wanna chat some time...
    Seminosukei

3. Tireces

Tireces New Member

1. A gun.
    2. They should be the same as placed on any sort of knife or melee weapon.
    3. The only weapon there good for concealing is brass knuckles.
    4. I wouldnt try to conceal any, aside from the above lest ye wind up with some unfortunate wounds in the attempt.
    5. I've never lost a fight, because I've never been in one.
    6. None of those, they might be fun for a hobby, but the idea of using them for realistic street defense is ludicrous. They dont really resemble any weapons one could improvise, and if you want to carry a weapon to defend yourself, just get a handgun.
    7. None, unless you count punching under the knucks category.

4. Sonshu

Sonshu Buzz me on facebook

Ok here goes

1) Gun first but from the list - Brass Knuckles

2) The law is there to protect people - it works 99.99% of the time.

3) Chucks inside arm sleeve - slow to get out though or around back of collar with thick leather jacket to his the show from the front. Butterfly Knives in pocket with dusters or on hands and hands for KD's in sleeves.

4) See above

5) Nope - been attacked with knives on 2 seperate occassions though

6) Knives as its the most practical! KD's are just punching.

7) Nunchaku - Above Avarage level I guess (Have set)
    Baisc level in Sai (Have Set)
    Used once bloody hard 3 sectional staff (dont own)
    Simple to use and (had set) Brass Knuckles/Knuckle dusters
    Had one but any knive techniques work with Butterfly knives

5. saikyou

saikyou New Member

1. First, Ill use a tear gas then beat the hell out of him by using brass knuckles. Ill also carry a gun but ill only use it in really sticky situations.

2. Its legal here except for the gun because you need to acquire a license and a permission from the authorities.

3. using a holster. I can also wear the brass knuckles and cover them with gloves.

4. all of them

5. nah

6. Nunchucks. Michaelangelo is my fave when I was a kid. :D I also would like to learn the katana.

7. I dont train in any weapon.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2003
  6. akirabob

akirabob New Member

none, weapons are weak and although they do provide a distinct advantage against an ignorant fighter, to the trained fighter they just give you one target to focus on instead of four.... yeah, brass knuckles...

the law works, without it things would be much worse...

they can all be concealed decently easy, pocket or belt

i would keep the butterfly and the chucks and the knuckles on me

no, as stated before, they are detrimental

i already excel in all of them but mostly i like nunchakus, they are fun and give you a good rhythm

yeah, all of them

7. johndoch

johndoch upurs

come on the man never put gun on his list, so stop being smart

8. quartermaster

quartermaster Cat-like, stretchy guy

1) sai
    2)stupid
    3)any baton in long pockets, long pole on hiking territory is legal
    4)only need one. 2 better
    5)no but we hear tales...
    6)sai again, i havent started yet but i will eventually
    7)none as yet, give it time...
    bit short of time so no detail, sorry

9. shotokanwarrior

shotokanwarrior I am the One

the sai. they look very cool and melodramatic.
    shotokanwarrior:woo:

10. Reiki

Reiki Ki is everything!

chucks & sai
    -
    -
    -
    no
    chucks & sai
    chucks & sai

:D

11. shunyadragon

shunyadragon New Member

(1) None! Weapons impart the Qi violence. The most dangerous weapon is the human mind. The trigger is the thought.

(2) No opinion! irrelevant.

(3) nothing.

(4) No.

(5) None.

(6) No.

(7) None.

12. Shyguy

Shyguy Sapphire

1. Be Jackie Chan and use the things around you ... if not nunchaku.
    2. the law is ... well the law, so they are designed for the safety of the citezens so they are okay.
    3. Nunchaku are easy to conceal anyway whereas everyday objects don't need cocealing.
    4. I don't really want to carry a weapon around with me unless nessesary I'd take one.
    5. I have indeed used everyday objects to defend myself but not nunchku.
    6. Three sec staff
    7. Nunchaku

13. Noob

Noob Valued Member

1) Brass Knuckles - I hit myself in the nuts the first time I tried using chucks, so have a natural fear of them. Brass Knuckles on the other hand seem to me to be the easiest for me to use on that list.
    2) I wouldn't want someone using them on me, so the law is fine and dandy where I stand. Of course just because somethings against the law doesn't mean it's not going to be available. It just means they are harder to get hold of.
    3) Nunchuks, Sai, Butterfly Knives (I'm thinking the Wing Chun Knives - but do you mean the Fillipino version (am I even right on thinking that they are sometimes called butterfly knives too), that would be a pocket weapon - would probably be tougher to conceal, but could be hidden away easily - inside the lining of a jacket - you may need to modify it. Or where people have stated above. Knuckles well in your pocket. Not sure about the three sectional staff - never seen one.
    4) Probably one of the Chucks, Sai or Knives and the Knuckles. I've never carried something that could be construed as a weapon - aside from a dagger in my youth, or when I've needed one for a non-fighting purpose, fight arranging etc.
    5) Nope. Only have a set of chucks at home and aren't picking them up again until my hand eye coordination is improved and I've bought groin protection.
    6) Butterfly Knives (Wing Chun), then Chucks, then Three Sectional Staff in an ideal world, also not on the list but the Wing Chun pole interests me.
    7) None at the moment. I'm to much of a danger to myself without weapons right now.

14. Shade

Shade New Member

Personally I cannot imagine using any of them against someone else in a fight unless it was a fight to the death. Because why else would you try and hit someone with a blade unless you are trying to kill them?

15. Shaolin Dragon

Shaolin Dragon Born again martial artist

1)Nunchaku. Using a bladed weapon or knuckledusters on somebody in this country would be far more likely to result in a conviction, although the sai would be better if I was trying to avoid violence, as they can more easily be used to manipulate your opponent (given the choice I would have preferred tonfa).

2)In this country, only the brass knuckles are illegal to own. The rest would be illegal to use on somebody, I think the law is right.

3)Any of them could be concealed given the right clothing, I personally would not do so.

4)As above, although this could restrict movement.

5)No, and I would not as the law would be against me, although I might improvise a weapon.

6)I would most like to excell in 3 sectional staff, as it is the most difficult to use.

7)I have trained with all of them at some point except the brass knuckles.

16. Gekido03

Gekido03 New Member

1. 3 sectional staff

2. what laws?

3. nunchaku, up the sleeve

4. 3; nunchaku, sai, brass nuckles

5. no

6. sai

7. nunchaku

17. Albert

Albert Banned Banned

Ive hidden nunchuk inside my coat sleeve before. slides out easy if you need to use it.

18. Jewbacca

Jewbacca New Member

1. Sai or Jutte (If I wasn't allowed to use a cane :p)

2. Canes have no laws, other than stilletto or swordcanes. Juttes shouldn't either, at least from what I am aware of. I have no idea about Sais.

3. Wouldn't know.

3. Jutte/Sai would have to go in a backpack, or in a hoodie's pocket. A cane needs no concealment.

4. Two sais at a time. One jutte at a time. One cane at a time.

5. Only a cane.

6. Sai or Jutte, from the list.

7. Cane :p

19. edd1

edd1 Valued Member

Nothing or anything. Never use a weapon unless some one else had one, the I'd use anything, dustbin lids make an interesting addition to you arsenal

20. blessed_samurai

blessed_samurai Valued Member

I'm pretty simple when it comes to this. I havent' spent a lot of time working with many weapons...cept escrima sticks, katana, cane, and walking stick. I've touched on jo staff here and there and tried the chucks once...but they're just not for me. I am pretty handy with a knife...thanks to the silat guys that work with me here and there.

Considering the only weapons I carry with me, or rather have in my car at all times is an escrima stick and one of my canes those are the two I'd be most likely to use. I do have a katana and bokken on my wall if I had to use it at my house.

Of course, I do have my knife with me quite a bit and if the situation calls for it...I wouldn't hesitate to use it...but I much prefer the one weapon that never fails....

My two feet....I can run pretty fast.