What are you listening to RIGHT NOW?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by YODA, Apr 1, 2003.

1. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

2. Xue Sheng

3. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Rush - Snakes & Arrows
    Honestly, I have had this cd for probably 17 or so years and have listened to it maybe 20 times. The upside to that is that each time I hear it is kinda like hearing a new Rush cd. Unfortunatly this is the next to last record the boys made...but it's real good. The bonus for me is that it includes 3 instrumental tracks, and I just love Rush instrumentals. Far cry, The main monkey business, Hope, Malignant narcissism, Spindrift, Bravest face.

axelb likes this.
  4. Xue Sheng

5. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Chic - The Best Of
    Led by the power trio of Nile Rodgers, Bernard Edwards, and Tony Thompson (guitar, bass, and drums) Chic was one of the leaders of the disco era. Technically, their music was stronger than most disco bands thanks to the skilled playing of the aforementioned trio. Rodgers/Edwards handled production and both would go on to produce other significant artists. Dance dance dance, Le Freak, Good times, I want your love, Everybody dance.

6. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Rush - Clockwork Angels
    Sadly, this is the final chapter of the Rush story. This 19th studio release would be the only concept album of their career, although they several album sides and muti-part songs that tell a story this is the only time a full record commits to so. Not a bad one to go out on from a band that never put out a bad one. Caravan, Halo effect, The wreckers, Headlong flight, BU2B. R.I.P. Neil Peart and thanks to the boys for years of great music.

7. Xue Sheng

8. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Mark Chesnutt - Greatest Hits
    Mark was part of the neo-traditionalist movement of the late 80's. While he didn't hit as big as Garth or Dwight he charted a lot of hits and top selling albums. He was also one of the guys that helped push this rocker towards liking country music. Bubba shot the jukebox, Too cold at home, Almost goodbye, It sure is monday, Let it rain, Goin' through the big d.

9. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Rush Of Fools - Wonder Of The World
    Nice set of Christian soft-rock songs here. Good music with a positive message. There is nothing, Holy one, Wonder of the world, Lose it all, Freedom begins here.

10. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Brenda Russell - Greatest Hits
    Brenda was a very good singer/songwriter/ producer who probably deserved more recognition although I believe she was very respected within the music industry. A nice blend of soul/rb/pop/jazz. Good music for late-night, sunday brunch, or romantic moments. Piano in the dark, Get here, Le restaurant, So good so right, Stop running away.

11. Xue Sheng

axelb likes this.
  12. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Leon Russell - The Best Of
    Leon is a true American treasure who's music crossed many genres. I was a kid in his heyday, I had the 45(the little records with the big hole) for the song tight rope . I was about 6 or 7 years old and thought it was a funny song. Several decades later I re-discovered Leon thanks to an episode of Austin City Limits and realized what an amazing artist he really is. This is probably one of the top 20 cd's in my massive collection. Listening to this compilation disc makes me believe that I could probably buy an LR cd and like every song. A song for you, Tight rope, If it wasn't for bad(w/elton john), Lady blue, This masquerade, Shoot out at the plantation, Heartbreak hotel(w/willie nelson), Delta lady.

13. Xue Sheng

14. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Chicago Transit Authority - Chicago Transit Authority
    They would eventually shorten their name to just Chicago and become one of the most loved and best selling acts of the 70's and 80's. This debut record is amazing and sounds fresh all these years later. These guys did a great job of blending rock,jazz,blues and other elements...a rock band with a horn section and 3 distinctive lead singers. Does anybody really know what time it is?, Beginnings, Questions 67 & 68, I'm a man, Someday, listen.

15. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Reba Russell Band - Bleeding Heart
    Reba and the boys put out a really good set of southern blues on this cd. Stumbled across a couple of Reba's songs a while back...liked what I heard...bought the Cd... completely satisfied. Red Mississippi clay, Miss me, Levee prayer, Blues is mine, Memphis moon tonight.

16. Xue Sheng

17. Xue Sheng

18. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

RZA - The RZA Hits
    Pretty much the leader of the Wu-Tang Clan, This is a collection of tracks he either performed on or produced or both. Features Clan songs and solo hits by Method man, Ol' Dirty *******, The GZA, Ghostface Killah, etc. Protect ya neck, Liquid swords, Bring the pain, Brooklyn zoo, All I need.

19. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Sade - The Best Of
    Some of the smoothest, most chill music ever. Sade Adu has a voice like no other and the boys in the band lay down some smooth jazzy grooves. Don't know anyone who doesn't like Sade. Smooth operator, The sweetest taboo, Paradise, No ordinary love, Kiss of life, Your love is king.

axelb likes this.
  20. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Saigon Kick - The lizard
    At a time when Rock radio seemed to be all grunge or hair-metal these guys gave us a good record of just good ol' hard rock. While this record did achieve some mild success The Kick seemed to fade away as quickly as they appeared. Freedom, God of 42nd street, Love is on the way, All I want, Miss Jones.

axelb likes this.