What are you listening to RIGHT NOW?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by YODA, Apr 1, 2003.

1. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Rush - Counterparts
    Excellent cd from the boys. I remember when I first got this one thinking how much several tracks remind me of older, classic Rush music. Nobody's hero( makes me think of cinderella man), Double agent( cygnus x-1 and other songs from the first albums), Leave that thing alone( another great instrumental- arguably their best), Animate, Stick it out, Cold fire. Of course I saw them live on this tour.

2. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

3. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Craig Chaquico - Acoustic Highway
    After 16 years as lead guitarist for Jefferson Starship/Starship, Chaquico left the band. A few years later he re-invented himself on this debut solo effort playing a blend of new-age/Jazz/instrumental music. Playing strictly acoustic guitar Chaquico touches on themes of spirituality and his Native-American heritage. Very good music. Mountain in the mist, Sacred ground, Return of the eagle, Gypsy nights.

4. Xue Sheng

Sorry, I'm in southern California at the moment an this always happens, and only happens here...I get the need to listen to this guy

When I am not in Southern California, he never even crosses my mind

wcrane likes this.
  5. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Craig Chaquico - Acoustic Planet
    Second solo effort from ex-Jefferson Starship guitarist. This was actually the first cd i heard of craig's as a solo acoustic act. While I don't think of Chaquico as one of the Classic Rock Guitar Gods you must admit he created some very memorable licks of the 70's/80's. Think of the intro/solo on Jane, Runaway, Find your way back, Stranger, and others. This is another set of great music and even better than his previous solo cd. Native tongue, Winterflame, Find your way back, Gathering of the tribes, The greywolf hunts again.

6. Xue Sheng

7. Xue Sheng

Anth likes this.
  8. Xue Sheng

9. Xue Sheng

10. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Cheap Trick - All Shook Up
    In 1980 Cheap Trick was one of the biggest rock bands in the world. This album followed the successful Dream Police album but failed to do as well. I was early in my high school years and got this on cassette as soon as it came out. While definately not one of their best studio albums it has several great songs and a ton of good memories. I remember they appeared on snl and played a couple of songs , was able to find the vids on youtube. Stop this game, Baby loves to rock, Can't stop it but i'm gonna try, World's greatest lover, I love you honey but i hate tour friends.

11. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Rush - Test For Echo
    16th studio release from Rush. Title track is probably the best song from the later era Rush records. Limbo(another great instrumental), Time and space(classic retro-rush sounding song), Test for echo(one of their best..period), Driven, Resist, Virtuality.

12. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Cheap Trick - The Greatest Hits
    During my jr.high/high school years(late 70's-80's) Cheap Trick was one of the biggest bands on the charts. Spent many hours cruisin' the ave. listening to their cassettes...many good memories. Was able to catch them live at the local county fair around 1995, less than 100 people, they sounded awesome. Dream police, I want you to want me(live), Voices, The flame, Ain't that a shame(live), Tonight it's you, Surrender.

13. Xue Sheng

14. Xue Sheng

15. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

The Chemical Brothers - Exit Planet Dust
    Back when I was training a lot some of my work-out partners were listening to a lot of this kind of music. I wasn't too into it at first but soon really liked it as training music. Still enjoy giving it a spin from time to time. This was the debut CD by the brothers. Leave home, Three little birdies down beats, Chemical beats, Life is sweet, Playground for a wedgeless firm.

axelb likes this.
  16. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

The Chemical Brothers - Surrender
    Another disc of solid music. includes some solid guest vocalists. Music:response, Out of control(w/ bernard summer-new order, bobby gillespie-primal scream), Let forever be(w/noel gallagher-oasis), Got glint, Hey boy hey girl.

17. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Rush - Vapor Trails
    After a 5 year hiatus Rush returned in 2002 to release this gem. The delay was due to Neil Peart losing both his daughter and wife less than a year apart. There was some serious discussions of Rush being done. Fortunatly Rush lived on to see some more albums made. This tour was the last time I saw them live. This was also the first record made with no keyboards or synth's since Caress Of Steel(1975). One little victory, Ghost rider, Vapor trail, Earthshine, Freeze, Ceiling unlimited.

18. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

The Chemical Brothers - Come With Us
    Another disc of solid music from the brothers. Seems like each Chem Bros Cd is better than the previous. Galaxy bounce, Star guitar, Hoops, My elastic eye, Denmark, The test.

axelb likes this.
  19. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

The Chemical Brothers - Push The Button
    As mentioned before it seems that each Chem Bros Cd was better than the last...no exception here. This is the last one I have in my collection but I know they put a few more out. Makes me wonder how awesome they must be. Galvanize, The boxer, Believe, Come inside, Left right, Close your eyes.

20. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Rush - Feedback
    Rush, who had never recorded a cover song, decided to celebrate 30 years of beinga a band by making this EP of covers. These are some of the songs that inspired and motivated them. They do a great job of putting their collective fingerprints on these classics while still retaining the original psychadelic feel of the original versions. God job boys. Summertime blues, Heart full of soul, The seeker, Shapes of things, Mr. soul, Crossroads.