What are you listening to RIGHT NOW?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by YODA, Apr 1, 2003.

1. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Whiskeytown - Pneumonia
    One of the top 90's Alt-Country bands led by the talent of Ryan Adams. This is a wonderful collection of music. Don't wanna know why, Jacksonville skyline, Don't be sad, Sit & listen to the rain, Crazy about you, Easy hearts. This cd is worth a listen.

2. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Skynyrd's Innyrds/Their Greatest Hits
    The kings of Southern Rock(a genre that has produced many great artists). A couple legendary tracks and several classic gems. As with any collection a few of my faves are missing...but still a great compilation of songs. Sweet home Alabama, Freebird, Call me the breeze, Saturday night special, That smell, Swamp music.

axelb likes this.
  3. Grond

Grond Valued Member

4. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

5. Xue Sheng

6. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Mad Season - Above
    90's Grunge supergroup with Layne Staley and Mike McCreedy. This was the only CD MS made but full of good music. Wake up, River of deceit, Artificial red, Long gone day, November hotel.

7. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

The Who - My Generation/The Very Best Of
    Legendary, Historic, Iconic, ...all of the above. The Who earned their place on the Mt. Rushmore of Rock and Roll. Like any Best of collection there are several hits missing but overall this is a good career spanning collection. I can see for miles, Magic bus, Substitute, Join together, Squeeze box, Who are you, and many more.

8. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Al Marconi - Terra Nova
    Another cd of beautiful Spanish Guitar music from my collection. Great night time music to lead you off to slumberland(with a little bourbon). Black rain, Mirage Toccata, Nomad.

Grond likes this.
  9. Grond

Grond Valued Member

10. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Masters Of Flamenco Guitar - Various Artists
    This is the real deal...traditional Flamenco guitar as it should sound. Live concert recordings of Sabicas(from 1961), Nino Ricardo(1970), Manolo De Huelva(1961), and Melchor De Marchena(1959). How I wish I could play like these legends.

Grond likes this.
  11. Xue Sheng

By the way this song got David Bowie banned form Saturday Night live by Lorne Michaels

12. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Madonna - The Immaculate Collection
    Just hearing the first couple of notes of Holiday instantly transformed me back to the 80's and put a grin on my face. Say what you will about Madonna she ruled the 80's and early MTV with only a couple of peers. Lucky star, Borderline, Into the groove, Crazy for you, La isla bonita, Papa don't preach.

13. Grond

Grond Valued Member

14. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Been blasting Meatloaf. Rest in peace Marvin/ Michael Lee Aday.

I was crushed by the news of his death. Then equally crushed to hear we was a racist anti-masker who encouraged unsafe selfish behaviors with regards to the pandemic. And he reaped what he sowed and got himself killed.

I am bummed by finding out he was a person I did not respect. But I still love his music. And I was a big Rocky Horror Picture Show person. One of those who went twice a week at midnight for years. Many of my formative life events and lasting friendships are from RHPS. And we RHPSers have a love for everyone in the films.

Bat out of Hell is one of the greatest albums of all time.

axelb and Grond like this.
  15. Grond

Grond Valued Member

16. Xue Sheng

Oh the way home, after a rather taxing afternoon, I heard these on the radio...in this order...and they helped me calm down for some reason...had not heard either in years

17. Grond

Grond Valued Member

18. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Moroccon Spirit
    The Brave(B-Tribe) spent 5 years roaming the desert of Morocco to capture the musical essence of the land. Capturing hundreds of hours of live performances by local tribal musicians he added some new age sound and modern technology to create this wonderful, exciting musical experience. A favorite cd of mine.

19. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Hank Williams Jr. - Greatest Hits
    Bocephus, Hank Jr., Son of a legend. Seems like these second generation artists seem to know what they're doing. Great country music hits here. Family tradition, Whiskey bent and hell bound, Kaw-liga, Dixie on my mind, A country boy can survive, All my rowdy friends have settled down.

20. Xue Sheng