What are you listening to RIGHT NOW?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by YODA, Apr 1, 2003.

1. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

2. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Matthew Sweet - 100% Fun
    Mid-90's Alt-Rock. Loved the lead hit so I bought the CD. Some good songs, nothing great but as the title states... fun. Sick of myself, we're the same, Walk out, Super baby, Getting older.

Grond likes this.
  3. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Sweet Sensation - Take It While It's Hot
    80's club/dance music in high gear. I was mainly a Rock guy during these years but...when out at the clubs on the week-ends this was the stuff. This music was also the choice for the guys with the big boomin woofers in their cars. This is probably some of the better music of the genre. Never let you go, Sincerly yours, Take it while it's hot, Victim of love, Hooked on you.

4. Xue Sheng

Also one of my favorite music videos too

Grond likes this.
  5. ned

ned Valued Member

Couple of EP's I found this week, taking me back to my dancing days back in the late 80's !

6. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Billy Idol - Vital Idol
    Who doesn't like Billy Idol? This collection leaves off a few of his biggest "vital" hits, but is a decent CD none the less. White wedding, Flesh for fantasy, To be a lover, Catch my fall.

Flying Crane likes this.
  7. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

The Sweet Taunts - Breathless
    Local (Lodi Ca.) husband/wife duo's 2017 release. Dustin and Christine Taunton (hence the name sweet taunts) are good friends of mine and very good musicians. It's always fun to see and hear music that was made by local people that you know...especially when it's good music. This 9 track cd was also recorded locally at Nacnud studios. (shout out to Duncan) Breathless, Where were you, Man of faces, Hey you.

8. Grond

Grond Valued Member

This video made me dizzy but it and the song are really, really good.

[video]

9. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Switchfoot - Hello Hurricane
    2009 release by SoCal band. Nice balance of edgy harder rock tunes and nice emotional ballads. This is a great CD. Mess of me, Your love is a song, The sound, Hello hurricane, Bullet soul.

10. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Natalie Imbruglia - Left Of The Middle
    This seems to be the "sister CD " to Alanis Morrisette's Jagged Little Pill. They are almost identacle in sound, structure and tone. That is a good thing considering that I think both cd's are excellent. The video for Torn was obnoxiously overplayed on mtv and vh1, but somehow I ended up with this cd and i'm glad I did. Torn, One more addiction, Smoke, Impressed, Intuition, City.

11. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Incubus - Make Yourself
    I liked the song "Drive" a lot so I eventually bought this CD, several years later. Every time I listen to it I like it more. This band incorporates some interesting dynamics and structures into the songs, and I really like the drummers style of playing. Not quite a great CD, but very good.Privilege, The warmth, Stellar, Drive, Pardon me, Nowhere fast.

12. Xue Sheng

Probably not what anyone would expect anyone to be listening to right now....but I am sick and tired of all the political conversations in my office and this drowns then out and relaxes me all at the same time. And as a MAJOR bonus I cannot hear any of the talk of Trump, Biden, Pence or Harris

Actually reminds me of my late mother-in-law who was a Pure Land Buddhist. When I was in her house in Beijing this was playing on a continuous loop 24/7...you get use to it after awhile and it becomes rather relaxing....

Grond likes this.
  13. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Information Society - Information Society
    This 1988 release reflects a very popular sound of the time. Seems that there were several bands/artists that were making this electronic/dance music. These guys did it well..a very good cd. What's on your mind(pure energy), Repetition, Walking away, Tomorrow, Attitude.

14. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Talk To Her(Habla Con Ella) - Soundtrack
    Soundtrack to Spanish movie that I've never seen. I bought this Cd because I was under the impression that it features Flamenco guitarist Vicenete Amigo, as it turns out he is only on one track. This is actually some very nice, relaxing music. Mainly classical/chamber music stuff. with a tango(featuring some nice guitar playing), and some beautiful vocals on a few tracks. Habla con ella, Curcurrucuccu Paloma, Raquel, Por toda a minha vida.

15. Xue Sheng

16. Grond

Grond Valued Member

17. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Talking Heads - Popular Favorites (Sand In The Vasoline) Disc 1
    First of a 2-disc set featuring Heads hits in chronological order. Some of these early songs are kind of week but there are half-dozen or so strong tracks and a few good ones on this disc. Take me to the river, Psycho killer, Burning down the house, Once in a lifetime, Memories can't wait, Swamp.

18. Xue Sheng

another one I had not heard in years, but heard tonight and I'm listening to now

Grond likes this.
  19. Xue Sheng

I heard this earlier today and I am listening to it right now...and if I had to pick a theme song for 2020 in the US, based on politics, campaigning, and all the idiots that come with it (both sides of the aisle) ... the news reporting and of course Covid....this is it IMO

Grond likes this.
  20. Grond

Grond Valued Member