What are you listening to RIGHT NOW?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by YODA, Apr 1, 2003.

1. Grond

Grond Valued Member

2. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Supertramp - Classics Volume 9
    Great songs from a very unique band. Although sounding similar to Yes and ELP, I always kinda put these guys in a catagory of their own. Super hits like The logical song, Dreamer, Take the long way home, Bloody well right, and Give a little bit. What stood out to me this listen was how much I enjoyed the songs I really wasn't that familiar with, Hide in your shell, From now on, Crime of the century. I also developed a new appreciation for Take the long way home, a song I always liked, but now the lyrics seem a little more personal as I am getting older. I am always amazed at the hidden jewels to be found when listening to a CD I haven't played in a while

3. Grond

Grond Valued Member

4. Grond

Grond Valued Member

5. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

Wearing headphones because I am sick and tired of hearing the political discussions going on around me and this is pleasantly drowning it out

wcrane likes this.
  6. Xue Sheng

7. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Human League - Greatest Hits
    Early 80's leaders of the synth rock sound that became known as Alternative Rock. Jukebox mainstays during happy hour at the local cantina back in the day. Mirror man, Fascination, Human, Don't you want me, Love is all that matters, Being boiled.

8. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

The Ray Iaea Jazz Project - Jazz Project
    Local (Elk Grove Ca.) Sax player that I have had the good fortune to see/hear play live a couple of times. This is a really nice Smooth Jazz Cd for late night listening. Sax fascination, Keepin' u close, Pour another one, In sight, Memoirs Illumens.

9. Grond

Grond Valued Member

10. Xue Sheng

This brings back memories.....most of which are incriminating that should not be talked about in public

Grond likes this.
  11. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Keith Sweat - Make It Last Forever
    The smooth, silky voice of KS on this R&B classic from 1987. Don't listen to a lot of this kind of music, but this is a good one. I want her, Make it last forever, In the rain, Right and wrong way, Something just ain't right.

12. Grond

Grond Valued Member

13. Grond

Grond Valued Member

Here's the original version.

14. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Sweet - The Best Of
    Bringing back the 70's.4 iconic hits-Fox on the run, Ballrom blitz, Love is like oxygen, Little Willy... and a few other classics. Action, The 6-teens, Blockbuster, The lies in your eyes, Teenage rampage.

15. Xue Sheng

16. Xue Sheng

17. Xue Sheng

18. Grond

Grond Valued Member

Fan made music videos are not usually my thing, but this one is going to make any kid of the 1980's jam. What a creative piece of work setting all the 80's classics to this specific song It's hard to believe the original song is not only 6+ minute RADIO hit, but the lead singer is of course responsible for over a hundred of the best film scores ever made.

Five years old but predicted the future in a way, which is why I think the 80's is for me at least a nice getaway from 2020.

Easter egg for all you youngins, future Iron Man Robert Downey Jr. on the mixer there at at 2:11.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
  19. Grond

Grond Valued Member

I'm dying, laughing at this.

20. Xue Sheng