What are you listening to RIGHT NOW?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by YODA, Apr 1, 2003.

1. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Jimi Hendrix - People, Hell and Angels
    2013 Cd of never released songs by Hendrix featuring Billy Cox, Buddy Miles, Stephen Stills, Lonnie Youngblood, Mitch Mitchell and others. Some excellent music here. Too bad Jimi didn't stick around longer to keep creating his magic. Somewhere, Hear my train a comin', Let me move you, Hey gypsy boy, Mojo man.

2. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

Right now, I'm listening to my wife complain about me leaving a light in the kitchen on

3. Nojon

Nojon Tha mo bhàta-foluaimein

For some reason I prefer Hank I to Hank JR. I saw Hank III a while back and was amazed. He did country, rockabilly, punk, and I dont know what..

4. Grond

Grond Valued Member

5. Grond

Grond Valued Member

Quite possibly the saddest song of the 70's, which is saying a lot, but it's hard to debate.

6. Xue Sheng

7. Grond

Grond Valued Member

8. Xue Sheng

Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
    Grond likes this.
  9. Grond

Grond Valued Member

I think the 1970's are going to make a big comeback after COVID, like in a postwar sense. Music lifts people up, and after Vietnam, we all needed that in America and elsewhere. All I know is this is not the language of human hatred. It's exactly the opposite of that.

10. Xue Sheng

OK, I am ashamed to admit this...but.... confession time....There are two old groups, that if I hear them on the radio, I can never change the station.......this is one of those groups...head it today on the radio

I will not say who the other is unless I her them and feel inclined to embarrass myself publicly :D

Grond likes this.
  11. Grond

Grond Valued Member

12. Grond

Grond Valued Member

Did you know that song was about the woman who murdered John Belushi?

This song is a little more uplifting.

wcrane likes this.
  13. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

STYX - Big Bang Theory
    STYX does their cover CD as was so popular during the 90's-00's. Unfortunately not the original members, but still sounds pretty good. I am a big fan of cover/tribute CD's, I enjoy hearing talented musicians paint great songs with their own brush. I am the walrus, I can see for miles, One way out, Summer in the city, Manic depression, and a new version of their own...Blue collar man.

Grond likes this.
  14. Grond

Grond Valued Member

15. Xue Sheng

Last edited: Aug 13, 2020
    Grond likes this.
  16. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

The Highwaymen - Superhits
    Waylon, Willie, Cash, and Kristofferson...the Mount Rushmore of Country Music. Greatest hits from supergroups 3 studio releases. Highwayman, Big river, Silver Stallion, Desperados waiting for a train. Real American Country Music.

Grond likes this.
  17. Grond

Grond Valued Member

Thanks for reminding me of this great song and video, haven't thought of this in a long time.

Johnny Cash's bit always gets my waterworks going for some reason. Very existential, this song.

"I fly a starship
    Across the Universe divide
    And when I reach the other side
    I'll find a place to rest my spirit if I can
    Perhaps I may become a highwayman again
    Or I may simply be a single drop of rain
    But I will remain
    And I'll be back again, and again and again and again and again"

Xue Sheng likes this.
  18. Grond

Grond Valued Member

19. Grond

Grond Valued Member

20. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Holy Barbarians - Cream
    1995 Ian Astbury had left The Cult and formed this band , this is the only recording they made. Although this is a pretty good Cd I am glad they didn't stay together because eventually Astbury reunited with Billy Duffy to make some more music together as The Cult. Ian Astbury was definatly one of the most energetic/entertaining frontmen of his day. Blind, Cream, Opium, You are there,Brother fights

Grond likes this.