What are you listening to RIGHT NOW?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by YODA, Apr 1, 2003.

1. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Skillet - Awake
    Christian Rock..with an edge to it. I believe some of these songs charted on mainstream rock charts. Hero, Monster, Awake and alive, It's not me it's you, Should've when you could've. Pretty solid Cd all around.

2. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Sky Cries Mary - This Timeless Turning
    Some really cool music. Listed as Psychedelic Rock, or Alternative I really like this Cd. Give it a whirl if your not afraid to listen outside of the box. Don't forget the sky, Scapegoat, These old bones, Stretched, Vuh.

Grond likes this.
  3. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

well I an listening to what sounds like someone dropping a whole lot of paper with accompanying profanity

axelb likes this.
  4. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Slim Man - Sweet Sixteen
    Smooth Jazz at it's best. Saw Slim live at a small venue last year and was totally impressed. Got to chat a little with the man, very cool dude, and get my cd autographed. This guy is a top songwriter, vocalist, and musician. If you get a chance to check him out live, do it. Beginning, night like this, Angela, Sunny day.

5. Xue Sheng

Well, its Halloween so I am listening to this

Happy Halloween MAP

Grond and axelb like this.
  6. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Snap - Welcome To Tomorrow
    Mid-90's Dance music. Good up-tempo music to move to. Green grass grows, It's a miracle, Welcome to tomorrow, The first the last eternity

Grond likes this.
  7. Grond

Grond Valued Member

I once told God I had no reason to sing the Blues.

What did I know.

8. Grond

Grond Valued Member

9. Nojon

Nojon Tha mo bhàta-foluaimein

Grond likes this.
  10. Xue Sheng

At this moment I am listening to my daughter play Bach on the piano

Grond likes this.
  11. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Dave Gahan - Paper Monsters
    Solo effort from Depeche Mode frontman. Sounds a lot like later DM recordings(surprise, surprise). Mainly slower, moody stuff, but a couple up-tempo tracks. Dirtysticky floors, Bottle living, Bitter apple, Hidden houses.

Grond likes this.
  12. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Garbage - Absolute Garbage
    Best of collection from one of the best bands from the 90's. these guys had it all...great, sexy lead singer, great musicianship and production. Vow, Only happy when it rains, Special, The world is not enough, Push it, Stupid girl.

Grond likes this.
  13. Xue Sheng

14. Xue Sheng

and now

Sorry, it is wintery type weather here and for some reason winter kicks me into Classical music overdrive

Grond likes this.
  15. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Gene Loves Jezebel - Voodoo Dollies(best of)
    1/2 of this cd is silly throwaway crap, the other 1/2 is some of the best late 80's-early 90's Alt rock made. Desire, Jealous, Josephina, Break the chain, Heartache.

Grond likes this.
  16. Grond

Grond Valued Member

17. Xue Sheng

Since the folks all around me are driving me nuts with loud conversations I don't need to, or want to hear.....I'm listing to this

Grond likes this.
  18. Xue Sheng

Mozart's 36th Symphony....which by the way, he wrote in 4 days

19. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Genesis - ...And Then There Were Three..
    The 9th studio album by Genesis, the first as a trio(Banks, Collins, and Rutherford) Not their best, but some good tracks. Follow you follow me, The lady lies, Many too many, Snowbound.

20. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Snap Jackson and the Knock On Wood Players - Live In Parkfield
    Local(Stockton, Ca.) Bluegrass band playing live at the Parkfield Bluegrass Festival 2015. I enjoy a lot of musical genres, including Bluegrass, but i dont listen to it a lot. I met these guys a year or so back and was talking with them between sets, Snap gave me this cd, and I really like it. Sugarfoot Rag, Steam powered aereo plane, Rabbit in a log, Big country. Check these guys out if you want to here some traditional old school music.