What about this steel?

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by ninjai, Jun 6, 2005.

1. ninjai

ninjai New Member

its carbon steel thats made of like something called HQCS steel. anyone got any idea if thats any good? :)

2. Cudgel

Cudgel The name says it all

whoa. I am stumped. There is another forum that could help you with that question but.......sheck the weapons links sticky you will probably find the link there.
    Can you give us any more info than that?

3. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

HQCS = High Quality Carbon Steel maybe?

That would be my guess, thought I'd have to see the context and price of the weapon in question to work out if it was actually any good.

4. ThaiBxr

ThaiBxr Banned Banned

Well to be honest, when I go out clubbing baby seals I just like to stick to wood... steel is just overkill and you'll tire yourself out before you even club enough to really feel good about yourself.

5. NeilX66

NeilX66 Valued Member

I'd be inclined to go along with High Quality Carbon Steel, though at a pinch it may be Heated and Quenched, I hang around a few knife making sites and metal suppliers and I've never come across HQCS as a recognised acronym for anything, do you have a link to what it refers to?

Neil

6. Stolenbjorn

Stolenbjorn Valued Member

:bang: Well why bother us with your wiew on steel? (I never understand those that spend their time browsing topics that don't interrest them just so that they can spam) I'm not particularily interrested in staffs, so therefore I seldom post on staff-related posts Think about that for a moment, THaiBxr

7. ninjai

ninjai New Member

8. Domenico

Domenico Valued Member

Considering that the acronym HQCS and the word "steel" only appear on Google through this guy's Ebay sales, it's fair to say it's a load of crap, and probably is his buzzword for "High Quality Carbon Steel". I also sense a certain amount of "Engrish" in his descriptions overall... :)

Hey, for $40, do whatever floats your boat, and welcome to the world of SLO's (Sword-Like Objects), but I'd only expect to get what you pay for... :)