What a record!

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by jread, Aug 26, 2004.

1. jread

jread New Member

2. Kinjiro Tsukasa

Kinjiro Tsukasa I'm hungry; got troll? Supporter

Maybe he should lose a few pounds and fight in a lower weight class. :D

3. UKscrapper

UKscrapper I kick ass therefore I am

Hey at least he managed to knock 3 people out.

4. johndoch

johndoch upurs

Some people just love the fight game.

Anyways theres always a place for journeymen who you can set up a fight to nurture your up and coming prospects

5. oldshadow

oldshadow Valued Member

He’s a club fighter. That’s also called a lay down, soup can, diver ext. I’ve seen more then one of them. Most likely he trains very little if at all. He probably has a low paying job and gets in the ring for spending money. He just goes in to survive and get payed.

6. jread

jread New Member

7. johndoch

johndoch upurs

Sounds like a true pro :rolleyes:

Quote from linked site "Strickland was placed on indefinite suspension by the Missouri Athletic Commission on August 8, 2001 after testing positive for Marijuana."

8. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

youd be surprised at how much money he probably makes. chances are a lot of those fights he has been paid to take a dive in. this isnt uncommon.

9. shootodog

shootodog restless native

i guess some people have gameness but really are out classed.

10. oldshadow

oldshadow Valued Member

Paying people to take a dive is not as common as it was. Mostly now they are over matched. So the one guy has almost no chance to win. This is quite common when they are trying to build up someone’s record. The guy will sometimes take a dive on his own. Like when he gets hit with a punch and goes down. Now if he doesn’t get up and it is quite obvious he could have, then they might hold his purse. So he will get up and just cover up so the ref will stop the fight. A lot of the guys fight out of their home state as their home state will not let them fight anymore. This guy seams to have a lot of decision losses and most of his fights are 4 rounds. It sounds like he fights very defensive. Holds and runs, throws a some punches with not much real offensive activity for 4 rounds then go home with his money. If you do this quite a bit you can make some money at it. A professional opponent.

11. Adam

Adam New Member

Isn't he just one of those boxers who're used as cannon fodder by more professional ones in order to boost their win-loss ratio?

12. oldshadow

oldshadow Valued Member

You got. From his record it looks like he just tries to make sure he doesn’t get hurt and picks up a payday.

13. johndoch

johndoch upurs

looking at Stricklands record, he losses most of his fights on points. He looks like a guy whos a step up from cannon fodder.

Guys like this are crucial for bringing up younger boxers and letting them fight durable fighters who'll go the distance but wont pose too much of a threat. btw he's won over 60 fights