Weapons Laws for Tucson, Arizona

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Shadow_NxtGen, Feb 12, 2004.

1. Shadow_NxtGen

Shadow_NxtGen New Member

Does anyone know the weapons laws in Tucson for a bo and sais? I am purchasing a bo soon and wanted to know if I could legally carry it around on the street. I think the sais i can as long as they aren't concealed. Thanks for any help!:D

2. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

I think a better question is "why the hell would you want to?"

3. Sphyerion

Sphyerion Valued Member

Likewise! I need to know the weapon laws for California...
    Mainly, I want to be able to start a martial arts club in my school... need to know if its ok to carry wooden swords around... and then to spar with them...

4. Cudgel

Cudgel The name says it all

well for California, the law can and will change from county to county and city to city.
    But thikn about it this way, a wooden sword is a stick and a cane is a stick so fi they wanted to outlaw a wooden sword they would have to outlaw a cane. We spar with shinai in a public park. AS long as you dont try to harm any one with a pratice weapon there really isnt much that can be done about you.
    But ask your local police about whether you can carry a wooden sword.
    EDIT: And you want to practice at your school? Its very unlikly as you have to talk to the Prinicple and the dean of students and probably the Superintendant about something like that. While you may be able to carry a wooden sword inpublic school is not public they would consider it a weapon and not aloow it.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2004
  5. Sphyerion

Sphyerion Valued Member

Thanks alot for the info. I'm gonna try talking to the Principal... etc. thanks!

6. Shadow_NxtGen

Shadow_NxtGen New Member

Because i'd like to :D it's just that if i own a bo i'd like to know where i can and can't take it.

7. Cudgel

Cudgel The name says it all

Well a bo can just be your walking stick I mean that is what it was used for........inaddition to bashing heads in.

8. Shadow_NxtGen

Shadow_NxtGen New Member

lol... makes sense. that's what i thought i just needed any kind of confirmation so i didn't go walking down the street and get arrested for possesion of a deadly walking stick.. :Angel: