Weapon Information?

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by JLD Boy, Sep 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JLD Boy

JLD Boy New Member

Hey to all the Weapon Lovers out there!

ok im doin an demonstration aat school with these weapons
    - Nunchaku
    - Sai
    - Broadsword
    - Staff
    - 3-Sectional Staff

and ive been surfing the net looking for info on thse weapon such as history and just general info! and i cant find a thing! so if neone has any info they can scan from books and send to me or know ne good links cud u plz send it to my email scrad_lenz@hotmail.com

Cheers people!
    I really need this stuff so I will really appreciate it!

2. Andrew Green

Andrew Green Member

Here's some:
    http://www.ryukyu-kobudo.com/page8.html

3 sectional - Legend I heard was a monk had his favorite staff broken in 3, as he had to do a demo and din't want to use another he attached the pieces.

Doubt its historically accurate, but its a good story ;)

3. Jim

Jim New Member

Where are you doing the demo? I wouldn't mind coming along too have a look if that's ok. PM me if you don't want to give the info out to the general population.

4. chip

chip New Member

check out www.about.com, and do a search for the weapons you'd like some are more informative than others, but you'll get a decent base for info.

5. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

The sai, my favorite weapon of all time. There are actually a few stories as to the origin of the sai. one is that it was a farmers tool. used to stab the ground and leave a perfectly evne distance for planting seeds and crops. the other is that it simply appeared when it was brought over by traders from other parts of china. i'm sure that there are many other stories, but as far as my Research concludes, it was a farmers tool. good luck. (a three sectional staff, wow. i'm impressed}

6. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

2 points

1) This thread hadn't had any activity for over a year

2) See this thread for some discussion on the (rather improbable) use of sai as farming tools

7. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

As Aegis says, this thread was made in September 2003, and the original poster hasn't been here since 30th September 2003. For some reason, unless they were planning well in advance.

Thread Resurrection ended.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.