Wat you think of street weapons?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by JLD Boy, Sep 15, 2003.

1. JLD Boy

JLD Boy New Member

Heres a little quiz that I need answers for that will help me for the weapons oral I am doing at school!

1. Which of the following weapons would you use in a fight if you could choose from:
    - Nunchaku
    - Sai
    - 3 sectional staff
    - Brass Knuckles/Knuckle dusters
    - Butterfly knives

2. What your opinion is on the laws against these weapons

3. which do you think you can conseal on your body and how would you conceal them?

4. How many and which ones could you conceal at the same time?

5. Have you ever used any of these weapons in combat on the streets when you were in a confrontational situation?

6. Which weapon would you most like to excel in:
    - Nunchaku
    - Sai
    - 3 sectional staff
    - Butterfly knives

7. Which weapon do you currently train with or have trained with?
    - Nunchaku
    - Sai
    - 3 sectional staff
    - Butterfly knives

Cheers!

And if you have any good info about any of these weapons please send me the link or the information to my email address scard_lenz@hotmail.com

Last edited: Sep 15, 2003
  2. teacher

teacher Valued Member

If I had the choice I would use a taxi.
    If I had no choice I would probably be grateful for any weapon.
    I think there should be laws to govern people's behaviour not inanimate objects. However I also think laws to dissuade teenage wackos from carrying weapons are probably healthy.
    Conceal them? Do you live under a bridge?
    Curious choice of weapons, all a bit esoteric. Have you picked them just for their unusual nature?

3. Scotty Dog

Scotty Dog www.myspace.com/elhig

either that or he's 12 years old. What kind of school gives you this kind of exam ?????

4. Thomas

Thomas Combat Hapkido/Taekwondo

What kind of test is this?

5. Kof_Andy

Kof_Andy New Member

I wouldnt use any of the weapon you listed. Is not wise to generally carry weapon unless your on your way to a school then thats a different case. I dont think they should be legal at all. There illegal for a reason, because they can be deadly weapon even worst than pistol if used right. Why would you want them to be legal anyway? There illegal to carry around if is a sharp sword or metal nun-chucks. The only weapon I would use is my fist, and foot. Although I do carry my sakaba around a lot, since I go to iaido class everyday, but I would never use it even if i was attacked. It seem like a weird school to me if there testing you on a question like that.

6. Wearing Grey

Wearing Grey New Member

I do not think these weapons should be outlawed. However, I do think there should be an age rescrition on them (like the 16 or 18 year old laws).

These weapons are not really a good choice. Most people do not carry a 3 sectional staff with them, and even if they did, it does not mean they know how to use it properly.

Now, I regular staff would have been a good choice because it can be pulled from a mop, broomstick, or a peice of thin lumber.

You really do not need to know how to use brass knuckles, they are pretty easy, you put them in your fist and then strike.

Butterfly knives are a bit tricker. Although I do practice with mine, I do not carry it. Police frown upon them.

If I was in a fight and could choose a weapon? I would use the nunchucks without a doubt. They are very fast and a fun weapon. Alot of the offense moves can be applied to used as defense and also defense as offense.

How many could I conseal at the same time?? Depends if I am wearing my duster or not (trench coat looking jacket). Brass knuckes and butterfly knife would be easy to carry at the same time.

If I had my duster on, I would carry all of them. Although I see no reason too (people would think I am psycho).

Hope I gave you some good insight.

Take care,

Sean

7. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

1) Any.
    2) Answered in Styles-Weapons-Should Guns Be Outlawed under the handle "knife fighter." Too long to repeat here.
    3 & 4) depends on what I'm wearing, but I don't think I would ever even want to carry around a 3-sectional staff or a sai.
    5) no
    6 & 7) knives

8. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

What are the conditions of the fight? I don't think I'd want any of them.

I think that they are quite good, especially the bit where silly little kids aren't aloud them.

Not going to answer this as I can see where this question is going, although I could probably hide them up £$% &%^$*&% !%£$ :D

I wouldn't, it's illegal, deduct one point for answering this question.

No, because that would be illegal.

Other, the ones you have listed, IMHO, are no longer generally found 'ON the streets' (we except the knuckle duster).

The Sai.

This quiz seems to be one whose purpose is to ellicit information about the concealment of illegal weapons and their usage/applications in harming other people.

What does everyone else think?

Col

9. Em-em

Em-em I wanna go home!

I think it's about gang wars and does not merit to be called an art. I'm only after the art and the discipline and I was never (and hopefully never will be) involved in one. I only want to score points and be perfect. Hurting people was never on my mind.

What school is that? A "street school"?

Is this some police investigation stuff?

10. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

I agree, same goes for all the other posts made on the forum.

What school in this day and age allows you bring dangerous and potentially lethal weapons in? I think he's feeling for responses as to what would happen law wise if he used them, or how to conceal them for use in a fight.

11. Bouk Teef

Bouk Teef Valued Member

If I had the choice then I would choose not to fight at all.

The laws are in place so that people who would choose to fight with them are not allowed to carry them on the street. Besides, items from everyday life (pens, cigs etc..) can be used as 'weapons'.
    You should add Commen Sense to the list.

12. teacher

teacher Valued Member

Play nice folks he might just be preparing a talk for his English class. He doesn't actually say he plans on carrying anything.

But it sure is close to trollism.

13. Goju

Goju Yellow Belt

me being in grade 10, we get assignments like this all the time, you are given a word limit and a basic criteria and you can choose any subject you want,,, i don't think his teacher would ask him to do a report on so called "street" weapons , i think he chose to.

I believe that those who feel they have a need to carry weapons, are either very scared, paranoid, or insecure about their ability to defend themselves. I do agree that the questions on this quiz are a little inapropriate for school work.

IM not sure, but isn't there some law where you must show proof of proficiency to be able to own weapons?... whats that mean???

and also the above weapons arent street weapons, to me, a street weapon is like a rock, or bottle, or stick/piece of wood, THe ones that you listed are all from japanese and chinese kobudo except for the brass knucks.

Why would you ask about how to conceal them,, why does that interest you?

14. Thomas

Thomas Combat Hapkido/Taekwondo

It would be nice if the original poster would return and post some answers to the questions other posters brought up....

15. Cudgel

Cudgel The name says it all

well as all the weapons are illegal for me to carry except for a very small butterfly knife I would carry none, And I wouldnt conceal them either as it tends to be illeag with out the proper permits. And even if it were legal carrying that many says you are up to no good and the cops would most likely bust you.

I carry folding knives as I can conceal them as long as they are folded.

And I feel that if some one needs to carry a knife or other such weapon as long as it is legal go for it. I train in armed fighting and I have to deal with large stray dogs which i would rather kill than scare away so it could have another chance to attack some else who may not be able to defend themself.

16. shinobi187

shinobi187 New Member

If you used any of those weapons in a street fight or were caught carrying them around, you would generally be f*cked. No offence but carrying any weapons around at all, especially concealed weapons usually end up in a court appearance :(

17. ninja pimp

ninja pimp New Member

hmmm... id carry some pepper spray or put metsubishi (dried pepper and salt usually with metal shavings) in a hollowed out egg. but most of all id carry....well my fists and knowledge of ninjutsu. : )

18. Dark Blade

Dark Blade It Roundhouse time

What ever happened to the sword!!!!
    THE SWORD, PEOPLE!