Wakizashi Iaito

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by iHeretic, Apr 12, 2007.

1. iHeretic

iHeretic Not-for-Prophet

Does anyone out there have a wakazashi iaito?

The only ones I've found are from Paul Chen (the companion pieces to the katana iaito), but I'm also interested in seeing if there are any other good pieces out there.

Product reviews, links, recomendations all appreciated! Preferably from dealers who will ship to the UK.

Cheers,
    /b/

2. angacam

angacam Mare Est Vita Mea

3. Sukerkin

Sukerkin Valued Member

I've asked the exact same question myself, iHeretic.

At the moment I've had to make do with a CAS Iberia badged Paul Chen live blade but the bets advice I got was to contact Tozando directly and ask.

They were my first thought when I started looking but all the information I found was that they no longer did wakizashi iaito. However, it appears that they will produce one for you on request.

One note is that they might be pricier than you are looking for but I can assure you that the quality is marvellous.

4. pgsmith

pgsmith Valued dismemberer

Gichudo in Tokyo usually has a couple of wakizashi mogito on hand. I remember hearing that he gets most of his stuff from Token Mino, but I'm not entirely sure on that score ... http://www.gichudo.com/

5. AquaNinja

AquaNinja New Member

Cheness do a couple, and reports I've heard are that they're good. Not got one myself mind.
    Cheness Iaitos

6. iHeretic

iHeretic Not-for-Prophet

Thanks for the replies guys... I've done some looking around and people seem to be generally impressed with the quality from Cheness so I might go with something from there.

Wakizashi doe seem to be rather more rare in iaito, but then I suppose not many kata (relatively) actually use them so I suppose the demand isn't really there!

/b/

7. ScottUK

ScottUK More human than human...

Contact Nine Circles - they will be able to get you kodachi/wak iaito on request.