Vulgar positions

Discussion in 'Western Martial Arts' started by Stolenbjorn, Nov 4, 2005.

1. Stolenbjorn

Stolenbjorn Valued Member

Me and my group invented an incredibly effective dagger-stance yesterday, inspired by the manual Fior di Battaglia. Only too sad that the stance was so vulgar that I'll never be able to bring myeslf to actually use the technique :eek:

(It incorporated the "posta breva", swapping the longsword with a dagger; I still have ugly visions in my head :eek: )

2. tellner

tellner Valued Member

If you're worried about how it looks you're in the wrong game. It's a knife fight.

Trust me, someone who is trying to knife you isn't going to be interested in whether or not you look vulgar.

3. Cudgel

Cudgel The name says it all

having no idea what posta breva is I still get a rather vulgar but open stance.......*shudder*
    Something like......erm......i have any idea really a low guard centered over the groin im guessing.

4. Rob Lovett

Rob Lovett Valued Member

That is weak, really weak....... and just a little sad ;)

Regards
    Rob

5. Stolenbjorn

Stolenbjorn Valued Member

-But the worst thing, was that it was ...practical in some twisted way :bang:
    -Just think about it; the strongest muscles are the hip/buttocsmuscles, and when "attaching" a dagger to theese muscles, you get some pretty powerful thrusts :eek:
    -The obvious counter is of-course to punc/thrust towards the face, but then he can thrust uppwards to cut/intercept the incoming stuff, just as in Fiores wresteling-stance; the "Iron gate", where his wrists are centered in front of his hips.

(We had a funny session, with only guys present; the lasses all happened to not be there; I guess that had somthing to do with our "discovery" :Angel:

6. Louie

Louie STUNT DAD Supporter