Vehicle Defence

Discussion in 'Women's Self Defence' started by Judderman, Mar 8, 2004.

1. Judderman

Judderman 'Ello darlin'

I would imagine that the majority of us drive or are driven around. Criminals want our cars, whats inside them or us.

So what advice do you have vehicle based self protection/defence?

Budo.

2. RobP

RobP Valued Member

Vladimir Vasiliev made a video called Defence In a Car that covers this area very well. Includes advice on approaching your car, getting someone out of your car, stopping someone pulling you out, dealing with an attacker in the car, etc.

We occasionally (when we have a car park available!) run through some of this stuff in our training.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2004
  3. budogirl

budogirl Armed and fabulous!

Apparently it's harder to smash a car window if it is wound down a tiny amount. Something to bear in mind before getting showered in glass and then attacked by someone outside the car!

4. Capt Ann

Capt Ann Valued Member

Advice if someone tries to force you out of the car:
    1. Remember: no matter how big he is....your car is bigger. Stay inside.
    2. Run the sorry @$#%^#^ over!

5. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

In most cases where a gun is pointed at another person, such as in a robbery situation, there is a very small chance that the intruder will actually pull the trigger. The reason for this is simple. The robber's intent is to frighten you into giving up the item he wants to take from you, such as money, a piece of jewelry or your automobile. A person with the intent on killing you will simply walk up to you, shoot you and take whatever they want. This is the difference between an amateur with a gun and a killer.

If the carjacker has a gun tells you to get out of the car, don't argue with him, but assume it also means you and anyone else in your car including your kids. You should teach your child to ALWAYS follow your directions and when told to leave the car they should leave with you.

Your car and anything of material value in it can be replaced. You and your family can not.

6. Kinjiro Tsukasa

Kinjiro Tsukasa I'm hungry; got troll? Supporter

This should go without saying, but drive with your windows up and your doors locked. It always surprises me when people drive around with their car doors unlocked. They stop for a red light, and anyone could just open the passenger-side door and get in (or open the driver-side door and pull you out).

7. Capt Ann

Capt Ann Valued Member

Most amateurs are very poor shots. If your family is cornered outside a car and you're walking, and a gunman stops you for a holdup....then yes, give them whatever material things they want. But double-check with your local law enforcement officials about what to do if you are all in a vehicle. From what I've heard, if you are in a vehicle and gunman/gunmen aim at you and demand you exit the vehicle, you and your family would be better off if you hit the gas (along with gunman/gunmen). You and children are together and accounted for, and usually, now away from the badguys.

8. Reiki

Reiki Ki is everything!

I'm always super careful getting in and out of the car! Most of the attacks I've read about happen when ppl get in and out of the car.

I lock the doors immediately and dont open them if it looks at all dodgy, I just drive off and go elsewhere.

The windows are always shut and I carry a set of arnis sticks behind the drivers seat, a kubotan in my handbag, and if I'm going anywhere slightly dodgy I have a ninja stick on my person too.

My 4WD is pretty big and powerful and I'm not adverse to driving over obstacles..... - this includes people :D

I hit a dog [pit bull terrier] a while back outside a very nasty house, and didnt stop when the blokes came out.... I got the hell out of it very quickly before they even saw me!!

9. Guerilla Fists

Guerilla Fists New Member

Yeah, that showed them!

Umm, maybe I didn't understand the story...but where you being chased or is there something I'm missing when you arbitrarily ran over their poor dog?

10. Reiki

Reiki Ki is everything!

No the bloody thing ran straight out in front of my 4WD when I was going past the gang headquarters and before I could stop I went over it....

It yelped loudly a few times and gang members came running out of the house so I floored it and disappeared around the corner as fast as I could!