Van Damme returns to Hollywood

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by ShadowHawk, Dec 20, 2013.

1. ShadowHawk

ShadowHawk Valued Member

HIs first big budget flick in a decade or more?

LOOKS HILARIOUS

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZahpNKJ2Ho"]Welcome to the Jungle (2014) - Official Trailer (HD) - VAN DAMME - YouTube[/ame]

2. Alansmurf

Alansmurf Aspire to Inspire before you Expire Supporter

Looks ....

crap...

3. Rhythmkiller

Rhythmkiller Animo Non Astutia

I'll catch this one. He's better when he's not taking himself seriously.

Baza

4. ShadowHawk

ShadowHawk Valued Member

Did you guys catch the part where they slow mo'd Vandams grunting then the guy goes "Ok man, you got him"

HILARIOUS

5. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Looks like lots of tongue in cheek references to his earlier roles. Can't wait :D

6. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

First initial impression was he should stick to beer commercials but then I saw the clip... Looks pretty good and might take the misses to the cinema when it comes on UK release.

Cheers

Dan93

7. Alansmurf

Alansmurf Aspire to Inspire before you Expire Supporter

Dan you smoothie ....

8. John Titchen

John Titchen Still Learning Supporter

This looks like a fun remake of City slickers crossed with Lord of the Flies and every VD movie ever made.

9. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

As long as I pick the movie, last time she took me to see New in town, worse than putting pins in my eyes.....been a while as we have very different tastes...

Dan

10. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

This

11. boards

boards Its all in the reflexes!

Looks like fun, I try and catch this at the movies :)

Oh yeah, chuck is one upping JCVD lol

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFJeaAq5Mv4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFJeaAq5Mv4[/ame]

12. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

I might go and watch this, I've always been a fan of JCVD doing silly roles/being in silly movies (Street Fighter, anyone?).

13. robertmap

robertmap Valued Member

Hit the nail on the head - I loved the 'Lord of the Flies' references - very obvious - but heck a million years ago (well about 47 actually) I appeared in my school's annual play 'Lord of the Flies' - I was 'Second Small Boy' and actually had a line to say... apart from "Kill the pig, smash him in...."

I WILL see it on TV or DVD.

14. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

JCVD (the movie) is a great example of his comedic potential.

15. GSHAMBROOKE

GSHAMBROOKE Thats Tarm Sarm

I stopped watching his movies after his third one they are unrealistic predictable crap, i saw him interviewed once and the interviewer said your acting has been described as having the personality of a turnip and he said, (what is a turnip).

16. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

Probably a safe version of a vegetable that grows in Australia and doesn't try to kill you? :confused:

:D

It's an edible root.

17. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

Yeah, they probably have a "Liberty Rutabaga" in America if you look hard enough or something equally spectacular :D

:p

But seriously, JCVD's acting style when he's serious can be horribly wooden, but at least the guy knows how to laugh at himself.

18. GSHAMBROOKE

GSHAMBROOKE Thats Tarm Sarm

I guess i have to give him some credit, he makes a heap more money then me so i guess there must be a market for his style of b grade rubbish out there somewhere, all the ballet lessons and winning all those Karate and Kick boxing tournaments must of paid off. (Oh thats right he didn't really win anything).