uploading an avatar?

Discussion in 'Suggestions, Problems and Tests' started by BloodsportFan, Sep 2, 2012.

1. BloodsportFan

BloodsportFan New Member

ok, so i swear i searched the FAQ first and couldn't find anything... can i upload an avatar? how do i do it? thanks

2. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

You can upload an avatar, but you need a few posts under your belt first. I believe it is about 20.

have a look around the place, join in where you can and you'll soon be able to upload your own picture.

Go to user CP and scroll down to edit avatar.

Hope that helps.

3. BloodsportFan

BloodsportFan New Member

ah ha... thanks

4. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

Participating in the Epic Troll Thread can help you up that post count, as well as make a few friends!

5. Sketco

Sketco Banned Banned

You guys forgot to tell him about the virgin sacrifice....

6. BloodsportFan

BloodsportFan New Member

..... i'm not a "him".

7. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Don't worry about Sketco. Poor fellow gets very confused. :D

The user CP can be found in the top menu bar, just below the MAP logo.

Clicking on that takes you to the User Control Panel.

Scroll down to edit avater and you will be able (once you have enough posts) to upload an image from your PC.

8. Sketco

Sketco Banned Banned

Him/he can also be used as a gender neutral term in English when referring to someone of unknown sex.

9. Ero-Sennin

That's sort of like saying I'm "American" being a general statement for "I am from the United States of America." :D

10. Sketco

Sketco Banned Banned

I'll get you for this one Ero :D:woo:

11. BloodsportFan

BloodsportFan New Member

actually calling a woman a man is a big insult. maybe not in Canada where you can't tell the different under all that flannel. who knows

And swearing is against the TOS. Keep it clean please.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2012
  12. Ero-Sennin

I like you bloodsportfan :love:

13. Sketco

Sketco Banned Banned

Are you telling me you've never referred to another driver as "guy" only to notice later it was a woman?
    Or you've never had a close friend refer to you as bro, dude, or man?

Technically masculine is English's gender neutral term. I'm not calling you a man but having not known your sex I used the gender neutral term.

14. Bigmikey

Bigmikey Internet Pacifist.

The bible often uses the term "He" or "Him" as a generic statement having nothing to do with sexuality. It's rather understood that the masculine reference is acceptable as a generic reference to a person regardless of gender.

If you would have taken a second and thought about it you might not have violated the ToS 3 posts into your membership and also, in the same breath, insulted the entire female population of Canada - which to me is a the larger offense. FWIW...