Universal Soldier: Day of Reckoning

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Moosey, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

X-Men Origins
    The Tournament
    Universal Soldier: Day of Reckoning
    The Expendables 2

These are the only films I've seen him in (just checked what he's been in on Wiki).

Surprised that he was in Eastenders and Holby City! :D

Oh and seems I mentioned The Tournament, that's a pretty good film by the way.

2. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

I enjoyed The Tournament as well. Never saw X-Men Origins, though I understand he doubled for Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool? And as another mutant? Not positive about that.

He's been in lots of other things as well. Jason Bourne beats the crap out of him in the last Bourne movie, for instance. Jet Li gets a piece of him in Danny the Dog (aka Unleashed) as well.

3. Unreal Combat

Didn't know he was in that one. Good film that.

4. Zabrus

Zabrus Valued Member

I'll watch it. Scott Adkins is quite spectacular indeed.

Dolph Lundgren has improved quite a lot as an actor. Also, as mentioned before in this thread, it depends a lot on the role he is playing. In some of his latest roles, he is quite enjoyable.

Scott Adkins will be also in Legend: Tomb of the Dragon. This film also has in it the 1980 and 1981 european kyokushin karate champion, Dolph Lundgren.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFhw1c_mnPY"]Legendary (aka Tomb of the Dragon) Official Trailer (2013) - YouTube[/ame]

5. Unreal Combat

Yeah that looked really exciting... :rolleyes:

Having them both beat ten bags of tissue paper out of each other would have been more enticing.

6. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Yeah, I'm not sure I'd feel as strongly about watching Adkins in a non-fighting role. (Jabbing at CGI-generated dragons, not withstanding.)

7. the artist

the artist Valued Member

yeah me too, I think I like him better in an action movie

8. Zabrus

Zabrus Valued Member

But that's the only way for an action actor to grow as a 'normal' actor... playing those not so action roles.

9. the artist

the artist Valued Member

yes but people want to see the kickass scott adkins not the normal one. unless he is really good at acting normal roles and can make his audience love him more.

10. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Oh I agree. I'm glad he's not ONLY doing martial arts movies. And I think he's a decent actor. I'm just less compelled to watch this movie in particular.

11. ShadowHawk

ShadowHawk Valued Member

I think Dolf is horrible nowadays. I could NOT even understand him in Expendables 2. Seriously not one word.

I liked the very first two Universal Soldier movies, but then it seemed to shift away from Van Damme and overall quality dropped. Hopefully this movie will bring it back up to par with at least the second movie.

12. Unreal Combat

It doesn't. It is awful.

13. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Scott Adkins is getting an online petition for being the next Batman in the Man Of Steel series.

14. Unreal Combat

I hope not. He's no Christian Bale.

15. the artist

the artist Valued Member

he is better than Christian bale, I mean you need a real martial artist to play batman.
    I reckon he can make batman fighting more impressive and interesting

16. AndrewTheAndroid

AndrewTheAndroid A hero for fun.

You need a real actor to play Bruce Wayne.

17. the artist

the artist Valued Member

well we have seen bruce wayne in the darknight but we did not see the real batman. one of the greatest martial artists in the DC universe. I mean the fighting scenes in dark night are good but I believe scott adkins will make them amazing. and people love batman more than bruce wayne so audience care about the fighting more than whatever that bruce wayne do

18. AndrewTheAndroid

AndrewTheAndroid A hero for fun.

Why would you pay Scott millions of dollars to play a dual role where the character he can play has his face covered and the other requires good acting without a mask on? You need someone that can play Bruce Wayne. Any number of stunt doubles can do great fight scenes and at a fraction of the cost of getting Scott Adkins to do it. I'd rather see Clint Eastwood play the role and have a good story than have Scott Adkins just fighting for ninety minutes.

19. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Scott Adkins has the physique obviously, so I'd like to see him in a film acting well before he got the part of a film like Batman.

20. Rand86

Rand86 likes to butt heads

And Christian Bale is no Kevin Conroy but why hold that against him? :D