UFC Reality TV

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Mushroom, Jan 9, 2005.

1. IronBridge

IronBridge New Member

Joe Stevenson gonna get tested against Luke

2. Mr. Anderson

Mr. Anderson Valued Member

Seth really let me down - he did not fight with the same heart as he did in the earlier fights. The first round started well, but he just seemed to not want to let Brad up and continue with the leg kicks. That ear was disgusting looking when the fight ended. I was really hoping he would go up against Rashad but oh well.

Joe winning was no surprise - I hope Luke can keep him on his feet long enough to do some damage.

3. Serynu

Serynu New Member

I agree that was a big let down with Seth---I thought he would've taken it. I think Rashad will win it---not sure about Joe vs Luke, that ones going to be a good one. If luke can't keep it on his feet I think he's doomed.

4. Wolf

Wolf Totalitarian Dictator

I would really like to see Luke when, but Joe knows what he's doing. He said it in his interview when he said there's no way he was going to stand up against luke. I don't think luke can stop Joe if he shoots in, but I would love to be proven wrong. As for the heavyweights, I can't believe I'm saying this, but I gotta give it to Rashad.

5. MrHnau

MrHnau New Member

ears

I'll say one thing for Seth, he had an incredibly nasty looking ear injury. That was just horrid looking... I'm not sure how much the pain affected him, but it would have affected me! Having your ear "burst" like Brad mentioned has got to be quite painful. Hope it heals for him. I'd enjoy seeing Seth fight again...

MrH

6. Apotheosis

Apotheosis Valued Member

Joe is going to take the match, I just dont see Luke staying on his feet, and although he has wriggled out of some submissions, I dont think he can wriggle out of Joe's.

Im hoping Brad will win, but I see Rashad taking this fight, and I hope Seth fixes that ear. that was just disgusting. Can it be fixed, or is always going to be a"cauliflower" ear.

7. Bruce Leroy

Bruce Leroy New Member

..so much so that I'm purposely not going to give them my money actually!
    It's downright ridiculous.

8. Mr. Anderson

Mr. Anderson Valued Member

Spike replayed the Griffin vs. Bonnar fight last night - i had forgotten how awesome that fight was - what a battle.

9. hux

hux ya, whatever.

Seth posts on their forum, he says it's fixed. Apparently it has to be drained(shudder) very soon or it hardens and stays that way permanently.

That was very, very nasty.

10. Ular Sawa

Ular Sawa Valued Member

Seth's ear looked like it exploded. I don't know what his strategy was, but it sure didn't work for him. He disregarded his corner. He has skills but didn't properly employ them.

The Joe v. Jason fight was no surprise. If Luke has not figured out how to deal better with a grappler, he's not going to be able to take Joe.

11. Fjaslokt

Fjaslokt Valued Member

Wow! That was a good night of Mixed Martial Arts !

12. Prophet

Prophet ♥ H&F ♥

I agree! the finale was awesome! :woo:

13. kenpfrenger

kenpfrenger sportin' a Broughton

Absolutely! All four fights were very good even if the first was a little short.... at least it had you guessing for a bit.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2005
  14. Goju

Goju Yellow Belt

Draining your ear isn't so bad actually, and it stops it from becoming cauliflowered. I had to get it done on for the first time this week and it didn't hurt nearly as bad as I had thought it would.

Most of the fights were awesome tonight. Especially Diaz vs Sanchez, which I believe should've been split decision for Sanchez (to be fair) or maybe even for Diaz.

15. special43543

special43543 Special Member

I thought that Rashad shouldn't have won, and maybe not give diego a 30/28...but he did dominate everything except striking. I was quite suprised at how well diego controlled the fight with the takedowns and the dominating position. Even though he didn't land many strikes, he still kept pushing the fight and trying, but diaz had a very good guard. Now I would love for diego to fight peresian, and if diego wins that I say give him a title match. Diego has impressed me in every way, and if they are going to give nate a title shot so soon, I say give Diego one too because he has earned it in my eyes...if he can beat peresian that is.

As far as the other fights...loved them. All action packed and I loved the armbar with kenny. I was just cringing watching that arm being pulled back like that and the guy trying to hold on. If that was me though I think I would have tapped because his arm was useless afterwords anyway.

16. Apotheosis

Apotheosis Valued Member

Awesome fights, Luke vs. Joe went pretty much the way I thought it would, although Luke was better than I thought he would be. Brad is going to be good, he has a really nice chin, he got rocked many times but was able to pull it together, Rashad proved himself his last few fights. KenFlo was pretty good, never heard of the guy he fought but I hope to see some of his skills, I love striking battles. Diego and Diaz were impressive, wish I had that level of grapping skills.

17. Juego Todo

Juego Todo Stay thirsty, my friends.

Just when I thought that I was the only one who was friggin' annoyed with the overplayed XYience adverts...! :bang:

Good to know I'm not the only one...they still drive me mad :woo:

The only way that I keep my sanity is whenever the version with the Ring Card Girl (Amber) comes on: "Try fitting into a pair of these..."

Yeah, baby! :love:

18. Goju

Goju Yellow Belt

How would you give Brad more points than Rashad? Rashad knocked him to the mat 3 or 4 times and set the pace pretty much the whole time, Brad did get some shots in but they barely did anything other than make Rashad do the Rashad dance.

And how did Diego dominate everything but striking? I guess Diaz was pulling guard while Diego was standing and trying to pass, but I don't call that dominating since Diego only got him with a few clean shots from the guard and couldn't pass it. The only reason I could see for Deigo's win was his takedowns and effort to finish the fight.

19. shaolin_hendrix

shaolin_hendrix Hooray for Zoidberg!

I was rooting for Kit Cope, Luke Cummo, Rashad Evans, and Diego Sanchez. I'm happy that half of the fighters I wanted to win won, but I'm disappointed that Luke isn't in the UFC.

20. Goju

Goju Yellow Belt

Yes, but I doubt we'll never see him again, look at the TUF 1 guys that didn't win.