UFC fighters

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Shortfuse, Dec 19, 2003.

1. Shortfuse

Shortfuse King of Hearts

Frank mir
    tito ortiz
    Ken shamrock
    The "IceMan"

what makes them so good? hours of training or is it natural or can it be their sytle because half of the martial artist out there train alot and every martial artist has something they exel at wheter they kno it or not and every style is designed to be effictive so what makes them better?

2. Trent Tiemeyer

Trent Tiemeyer Valued Member

Hard work, dedication, athleticism, and a mean streak.

3. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Moved to MMA/Submission Fighting

4. WolverineGuy

WolverineGuy New Member

Each of those guys has an INSANE killer instinct. Plus, Mir is a freak of nature...that boy can do whatever he wants with his body.

5. Shortfuse

Shortfuse King of Hearts

i read in an artice that they are real civilized and are reluctant to fight outside of the ring i didnt kno u could control a killer instint

6. Gandhi

Gandhi New Member

testosterone

7. Shortfuse

Shortfuse King of Hearts

i needa dictionary

8. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

That has definately been my experience with the pro fighters I've had the pleasure to meet. E.g. we had Marco Ruas at our club twice for seminars - a real gentleman and all round nice guy - until it was time to crank on a face bar {{{Shudder}}}

9. Trent Tiemeyer

Trent Tiemeyer Valued Member

It's easy to be nice when you know you can destroy most anyone you meet.

10. WolverineGuy

WolverineGuy New Member

They are really nice, but you have to have a killer instinct to fight. Call it what you want, but will to win/beat/make your opponent cry like a girl has to be there, and has to be STRONG

11. ninjadeath

ninjadeath New Member

I am currently training for MMA competition so I have some insight on this subject. It takes serious dedication, (effective) martial arts cross training, a good gym with experienced cage fighters in it and good fighter managers, natural tallent, and a LUV and respect for the sport.

12. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

I used to train to do stand up nice fighting where i go for a kick, and look cool and like jackie chan when doing it.

But just recentally ive started taking it alot more serious and stopped with the pretty flurry kicks. Now it's normally just a combination of the few dead certian kicks i know will work. Ive started working on tucking my chin in and getting boxing techniques correct to make everything more efficent... and have turned to MMA and realised it's definatly a path i want to go.

So ive gotta start to train my killer instinct to see the opening and just attack it, rather than be scared of attacking in fear of getting hit.