UFC 128

Discussion in 'Fight Discussions' started by Tom O'Brien, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

The only way I can see Jones being beaten is by KO.
    He seems so good in all facets of the game.
    Amazing TD's and TD defence.
    Unorthodox strikes.
    Smothering and powerful clinch game.

Who can beat him at LHW?
    Someone like Rampgae with good KO power and a well placed strike is all I can see.

2. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Not strictly at LHW but that question may soon be answered:

3. liero

liero Valued Member

Jones v Silva would be my happiest moment in mma for a long time!

4. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

A year or two ago definitely, but Silva is starting to show a few signs of wear and tear. On peak form I pick Silva, but Jones is a fighter who is young, aggressive dangerous and has good wrestling skills - the latter being one of the only gaps in Silva's game

Jones will cut through Rashad like a hot knife through butter first though

5. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

So other than being a more interesting fight than GSP v Silva they might as well do it as a changing of the guard

6. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

That is the sense I get from this fight - but I would prefer to see Silva vs GSP and allow Silva to bow out gracefully rather than just keep him around until he slows down enough that he gets beaten.

Jones IS the future...at least the latest version of it!

To be honest he should concentrate on cleaning up 205 before he looks at a superfight. Teh only reason Silva vs GSP makes sense is taht they are pretty much unassailable in their divisions. Jones on the other hand has plenty of stiff challenges open to him before he needs to look at a P4P bout

7. Pitfighter

Pitfighter Valued Member

I also don't care for a Silva vs. Jones fight at this point. I kinda did at first cuz for a long time I wanted Silva to move up to LHW anyhow. But he is getting a li'l slower. Still awesome in every other step but he just seemed a second slower nowadays

Thing is I don't want see the GSP vs. AS fight either. AS is waaaay to big for GSP.

If AS ever moves up I think he better do it this year. He ain't getting any younger.

On the other hand even though it'd be a big seller I want Jones to get a mixed up with the rest of the deep LHW division. He's only really fought one top 10 guy and there's about 10 more to go.

8. ShadowBoxer

ShadowBoxer Valued Member

On Jon Jones VS Shogun:
    I Was surprised at how 'animated' Jones was at the start of the fight,he was throwing out spinning back kicks and other big moves almost from the starting bell he's an excellent fighter but I feel he has a massive advantage due to his reach and if he fought someone who was a similar size he would struggle since his technique isn't the most airtight but I concede his long arms and legs probably just make it look like that but still he has great potential and is a great sportsman.

On Flipovic VS Schaub:
    while I'm a fan of the Croatian and my heart says he was cheated out of the fight by someone simply clinching and climbing on him Cro Cop simply didn't do enough Schaub had a great game plan especially with regards to pressuring Cro Cop whenever he would throw out his infamous head kicks he executed it well and got the W fair enough to him.