UFC 115

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Ranzan, Jun 10, 2010.

1. Ranzan

Ranzan Valued Member

I am more excited for Cro Cop vs. Barry than Liddell Franklin.

Any one got predictions?

2. aka The Clerk

aka The Clerk Valued Member

I'm definitely more excited for the Cro Cop fight and I'm hoping he wins it by knockout. As for Franklin vs. Liddell, I will admit that once upon a time I was a huge Iceman fan, and I wouldn't mind seeing a come back. So I'll call it knock out by Liddell. Either way I can't see that fight going to a decision.

3. Pitfighter

Pitfighter Valued Member

I'm more excited about Paulo Thiago vs. Martin Kampmann

Great card except for the main card.

Seriously. I got Franklin over Liddell he's got more skill than Liddell and won't just stand and bang. Liddell's too slow, to obvious, and his chin's been chipped away.

Barry's got Cro Cop. Cro Cop is also really predictable. Barry hit hards and basically just boils down to the fact that Cro Cop is just so damn predictable.

Really wanna see Thiago win. He's got knockout power and slick submissions but his wrestling sux. He's got a lot of holes in his striking, just leaves wide open holes for Kampmann to punch. Kampmann is a great technical striker and is no slouch in the submissions department either so my head says coin flip but my heart is pulling for Thiago all the way.

I'm also pulling for Rothwell vs. Yvel. Just not really a fan of Yvel no particular reason.

4. aka The Clerk

*sigh* Unfortunately you speak nothing but the truth, though as I stated I'd love to see a Liddell comeback you've reminded me of the very reasons why there's a pretty good chance that's not going to happen. Thank you for that dose of reality, was sorely needed. :)

5. lee909

lee909 Valued Member

agree with everything,love Thiago great potential,dont think he can beat Alves or GSP yet though

6. Journeyman

Journeyman Valued Member

I'm looking forward to seeing if Cro Cop has anything left. I'd like to see him regain his form, but I'm thinking he may be done.

I'd rather see Liddell/Franklin than another Liddell/Ortiz. I'm glad Tito dropped out.

7. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view)
    Chuck Liddell vs. Rich Franklin
    Patrick Barry vs. Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic
    Martin Kampmann vs. Paulo Thiago
    Ben Rothwell vs. Gilbert Yvel
    Carlos Condit vs. Rory MacDonald

PRELIMINARY CARD (Spike TV)
    Mac Danzig vs. Matt Wiman
    Evan Dunham vs. Tyson Griffin

PRELIMINARY CARD (Not televised)
    David Loiseau vs. Mario Miranda
    Peter Sobotta vs. James Wilks?
    Ricardo Funch vs. Claude Patrick?
    Jesse Lennox vs. Mike Pyle?

8. afhuss

afhuss Valued Member

I'm thinking if Barry is careful he can take out Cro Cop, but I think it has the making of a great fight.

Most of these big name, main card fights have been a let down...I'm thinking the Liddel fight will be no different. I love Chuck as well, but once one of the tough-guy style fighters gets knocked out, its much easier to do thereafter.

9. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Chuck Liddell vs. Rich Franklin (6 pack or not I can't see Liddell offering much here)
    Patrick Barry vs. Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic (I think Cro cop is done sadly)
    Martin Kampmann vs. Paulo Thiago
    Ben Rothwell vs. Gilbert Yvel (By some freaky kick or something...after getting roundly panelled for a round or two))
    Carlos Condit vs. Rory MacDonald

PRELIMINARY CARD (Spike TV)
    Mac Danzig vs. Matt Wiman (I like his photos)
    Evan Dunham vs. Tyson Griffin (The guys a work horse)

PRELIMINARY CARD (Not televised)
    David Loiseau vs. Mario Miranda (Do another back kick Dave!)
    Peter Sobotta vs. James Wilks
    Ricardo Funch vs. Claude Patrick (He takes it on his name alone)
    Jesse Lennox vs. Mike Pyle (Don't know either one so this is a guess)

10. Yohan

This was one of the best UFC shows I've seen in a while. The head liner was lack luster but the rest of the show was awesome. Cro Cop vs. Barry was inspiring to say the least.

It really ****ed me off though. After they stopped that Mac Danzig fight, they let every fight go on way too long. The ref thinks he can put every fighter in danger just because he got his feelings hurt because the crowd booed him? He needs to get his head together and get in there and ref those fight and stop them when one of the fighters is in DANGER, not unconscious and bloody.

11. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Hah...1 out 5 picks for me in the main card.
    Good job I'm not a gambling man. :)

12. Yohan

Rich Franklin def. Chuck Liddell via first-round TKO
    Mirko Cro Cop def. Pat Barry via submission (rear-naked choke)
    Martin Kampmann def. Paulo Thiago via unanimous decision
    Ben Rothwell def. Gilbert Yvel via unanimous decision
    Carlos Condit def. Rory MacDonald via third-round TKO

Spike TV Bouts
    Evan Dunham def. Tyson Griffin via split decision
    Matt Wiman def. Mac Danzig via submission (guillotine)

Preliminary Bouts
    Mario Miranda def. David Loiseau via TKO (strikes)
    James Wilks def. Peter Sobotta via unanimous decision
    Claude Patrick def. Ricardo Funch via submission (guillotine choke)
    Mike Pyle def. Jesse Lennox via submission (triangle choke)

13. Yohan

14. Pitfighter

Pitfighter Valued Member

2 out of 4 ain't half bad.

I'm actually glad I missed this one. First one in 6 months. Just wasn't thrilled at any of the bouts, Thiago vs. Kampmann was the only one I was mildly interested in and since I was rooting for Thiago and he lost I'm even more glad I didn't bother.

15. aka The Clerk

I just hope that Chuck takes Joe Rogan's advice and decides to make this his last fight in the Octagon! Any opinions as to whether or not Franklin's arm really got broke by that kick?

16. liero

liero Valued Member

Actually it IS exactly half bad...

17. Killa_Gorillas

Killa_Gorillas Banned Banned

According to an interview with Dana White we wont be seeing chuck fight for the UFC again... however he will be kept on in an as yet undisclosed capacity.

18. Pitfighter

Pitfighter Valued Member

Yea i'm sure it did. He Broke his hands vs loisseau i'm sure he broke against chuck

19. Dudelove

Dudelove Valued Member

You actually missed a good card. You missed Rich Franklin KO chuck after battling on with a broken arm (now a fan after that display of heart). You missed an excellent bout between Chris condit and Rory Macdonald which had me standing up and shouting in the 3rd. And the Cro Cop fight was an excellent high note for the legend to go out on.

20. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Chris condit

Do you mean Carlos Condit?