Tyson Fury v Dereck Chisora

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by Simon, Jul 23, 2011.

1. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

A great fight tonight for the British and Commonwealth Heavyweight Championship between Dereck Chisora and Tyson Fury.

The fight was never going to be pretty and the technique never crisp, as both are big guys.

Neither fighter had ever been the distance before tonight. Hardly suprising because both Chisora and Fury have a good knockout record.

12 tough rounds, worth a watch if it is repeated (was on Channel 5).

Tyson Fury won by majority decision. 117-112, 117-112, 118-111.
    He could now go on and fight Klitschko, although that is not a fight he is ready for.

2. sakumeikan

sakumeikan Valued Member

Tyson Fury fight?

Dear Simon,
    It might well have had some entertainment value but it was hardly the most skilful fight.Chisora was hardly full of energy and intent.He postured a lot, and Fury simply kept the lovetaps coming.For Tyson it was almost like punching a heavy bag.The heavy weight division used to be exciting with guys like Mike Tyson/Frazier/Ali/Ken Norton/Holyfield.Now the game is filled with guys who wouldnt last two rounds with the aforementioned.David Haye/Audley Harrison, Danny Williams -hardly 5 star material.Cheers, Joe.

3. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

I agree and I never said it was skilful.

I think Tyson Fury could go on to dominate the British scene, but that is probably about it.

4. Lee M

Lee M Valued Member

Chisora was not fit and overweight by round 5 is had nothing left.

Interested to see why, was it the two wasted camps preparing for Vladd...

Lets see but a fit Chisora I fancied him....he was not prepared and a fairly comfortable win for Fury really.

Shame!