tucking chin

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by danny81, Jun 27, 2007.

1. danny81

danny81 New Member

my new boxing trainer is teaching me to tuck my chin. im confused as how to do it. when i tuck my chin i cant see my opponent also i cant see what it does. only thing i can think of is to tuck it and roll my shoulder up so i cant get hit.

2. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Tucking your chin means it's not out there like a beacon for an atomic bomb to get dropped on it! :D

Seriously... keep it tucked... not so tucked you can't see obviously... but enough to it's not going to get picked off from a sly shot or random follow through.

The head sits in sort of a cradle between the shoulders... if you need to soak up something... a shoulder will roll forward to ward off a blow if you don't soak it up on your forearms or catch it with you gloves.

It takes a bit to get used to... but you want to be looking out through your eyebrows basically... chin down head/eyes up as they say. :)

3. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

Look up with your eyes,through your eyebrows so to speak,dont lift your head up to look at your opponent,try putting a bag glove under your chin when you shadow box or work the bag :)