Trump by name......

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Dead_pool, Dec 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

If you lived in Arizona that would be an interesting conversation. I'd genuinely want to hear your thoughts on why they're not getting attention from the drive-time hosts on KFYI and KTAR. But if you don't live here -- I'm sure someone can find a pro-Irish, anti-UK organization somewhere in the USA on the internet, but that wouldn't mean that being anti-UK is the mainstream view in that State. And that was really my point.

2. aikiMac

Actually ... that's a good point. North Korea might lob a non-nuclear missile into the ocean near the USA shoreline just to prove that it can, and then in over-reaction ... I can see Trump nuking North Korea.

Ya, that's a good point you raise. The nuclear war could be over there, not over here, yet ...

3. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

From the Nib today.

Attached Files:

4. Dead_pool

5. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

That's the scenario that strikes me as more likely as well. There's nothing for North Korea to gain by nuking the us, or any of its territories, but I can see a desperate Trump doing something just like that.

6. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

Man if nukes start flying around in Asia, import bonsai are going to get a lot more expensive.

7. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

But then you get one that's fricken' irradiated, and it gives you super powers. Like, I unno', changing full sized things into miniature sized things or something. 0__0

David Harrison and philosoraptor like this.
  8. Dead_pool

There's footage of trump at an Ira fundraiser in NYC from years ago if you want to start talking about Anti UK groups being in power in the US.

But maybe you don't want to talk about supporting a pro terrorist president.

9. aikiMac

I think you should call the radio stations and ask to be an expert guest. What with the mayor of Phoenix asking that Trump postpone his Tuesday trip, and the NAACP asking the governor of Arizona to relocate some Civil War monuments, the time is ripe for everyone to learn the truth from you. KFYI and KTAR are the big talk stations, and neither of them have been saying what you've been saying. Seriously, KFYI has a daily segment just on the president -- "Presidential Essentials" they call it -- and they don't talk about what you talk about. You're golden, man! You gotta get on the radio! They'll love you!

10. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

I won't embed it, because I don't remember if there was swearing or not, but I just watched "Charlottesville: Race and Terror – VICE News Tonight on HBO" on youtube. There was a black woman saying that wherever you go in that town, you see the statue of a past slave master looking down on you. I think that's a good reason to tear it down. I recommend watching the Vice video too.

Dead_pool and Southpaw535 like this.
  11. David Harrison

You're sliding into a strange appeal to authority here. I don't get your point, if I'm being honest.

12. aikiMac

Not an appeal to authority, but a serious questioning of truth based upon 20+ years of personal experience. His thesis is that racism is "mainstream" and that Pres Trump is anti-UK. He found mention of some racist groups that no one ever talks about, and, for bonus points, an old clip of Trump at an anti-UK fundraiser. No one ever talks about these things. Most weekdays I listen to talk radio going and coming to work, and I have for years and years and years, but I've never in my life heard these stories on the radio.

But if he's right, if this really is the "mainstream" (and if Trump really is anti-UK), then this is the week to get it out there. You couldn't ask for a more media-friendly time for getting those stories on the air.

13. David Harrison

Well, it was acceptable in America to help fund the IRA to blow up the British, at least in the East coast cities with large Irish populations, so that's not really so controversial, just hypocritical. I don't know if Trump is able to hold a political opinion for more than a matter of seconds, and doesn't seem to have any ideology outside of narcissism, so I guess he just saw an opportunity in the Sinn Fein fundraiser.

Donald Trump attended Sinn Féin fundraiser months before IRA attacked London

If this really comes down to a semantic argument about the word "mainstream", then it's not going to be a very productive debate. Could we at least agree that white nationalism is having a renaissance and becoming more mainstreaming the US? And that people like Bannon have been instrumental in this renaissance of white nationalism?

Dead_pool likes this.
  14. aikiMac

The Irish will be glad to know that they are finally mainstream!

LOL, that made me laugh! :p :D Cheers!

No. But can we agree that there are many more cameras today, filming everybody?

I suggest/propose that there is no increase in whites (and anyone else) being bad, but rather, the number of people getting caught in the act, on camera, has increased. Said another way, it's not that more bad acts are being committed, it's that more bad acts are being filmed -- and then broadcasted to the world.

That's my operating assumption, and that's why I disagree with the suggestion that there is a "renaissance" or that racism is "more mainstream than it used to be."

15. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

From an outside perspective that is exactly what is happening.
    Trump has so many racist, anti-woman comments and is so lazy to speak out against racism or other racists, that it pretty much looks like that, just because he got voted into a position, where someone like him clearly doesn't have any use.

pgsmith likes this.
  16. Dead_pool

Talk radio isn't the main indicator of something being mainstream or not.

You said there were no Nazi where you live, I proved that was wrong.

My point is your president is a terrible human and an ineffective leader and people who support him, are terrible people too.

pgsmith likes this.
  17. David Harrison

Yeah, I don't know if there are more racists in America today, but their organising power and communications via the internet have certainly increased. Charlottesville was the biggest white nationalist rally for a good number of years (maybe 15-20?). People like Bannon and David Duke, via the internet, are providing a more cohesive ideology to them too.

Christopher Cantwell said that he is deliberately copying leftist activists' tactics of direct action, because that builds the morale and cohesion needed to build group identity. They are also using the tactic of using internet networks to ship people in from around the country.

The white nationalists certainly seem more cohesive and organised than they were a few years ago, and they say that themselves.

Dead_pool likes this.
  18. aikiMac

Ya, on that line, what I heard was that only 200 white supremacists were in Charlottesville, and that most of them came from out of state, and that the rally was planned months in advance (rem. they even had a permit for their rally -- they were legal). Multi-state, multi-month organization.

Wow, God bless the internet! It lets us do more good and more bad at the exact same time!

David Harrison likes this.
  19. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

I think the only thing Trump is is "pro-Trump". I think he'd sell his own Grandmother if it would give him an advantage. If it suits him one day to be prop-UK he will be. If the next day anti-UK will get him somewhere he'll be that.

David Harrison likes this.
  20. David Harrison

I don't know about the laws in Virginia, but are you allowed to walk around with clubs and shields? I get that you're allowed to carry pistols and rifles 'cos freedom n' 'muricah and stuff...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.